Time between applying Zaino to truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 06:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time between applying Zaino to truck

hey guys, I was wondering about Zaino and how often it should be applied. I am a college student with work every weekend/afternoon/most nights, and school, and work many breaks. I put some Zaino on in August, and the weather was not good over winter break to reapply it, or any other breaks I have had, and I meant to order more to apply over spring break this week, but it is to late to do it and I forgot with midterms last week. I was wondering if it is fine to wait till the beginning of the summer, or May when I will have more time with our "May Term" class schedule to appy more Zaino. Thanks a lot for your responses and have a good day. Also, I have been washing with the Zaino car wash every time, and try to do it once a week, but sometimes do not have time for like 3 weeks. Thanks a lot.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:37 AM
Three coats should go on for the initial application. Zaino claims the it will last for 6 months. I will put a coat or so on every 3 months with the exception of fall/winter. I will coat it in late Sept and then again sometime in Jan/Feb.

During the spring and summer, I will use the gloss enhancer every other wash or so.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:51 AM
Zaino certainly has a good track record for durability......... but how long your protection has lasted is in relation to the elements it has been subjected to I guess.....
Some of us Zainoids never get to see how long it lasts since we run out there and smear on a coat whenever we see sunshine!

I completely Zaino'ed my truck 5 months ago with 3 coats of Z2/Z5. The protection was still there when I applied 2 coats of Z5 this weekend......... Gotta love this stuff since it lasts so long for persons who don't have the time or weather to shine your ride......
When you finally get the time, You may want to clay your horizontal areas just in case you've picked up some crap through the winter........

Old 03-08-2004, 09:24 AM
I have got a good 6 months out of 3 coats of Zaino during the winter will lots or road salt AND ONLY using the touch-less car washes which use that green pre-cleaner that can really take a toll on polishes/waxes. However it couldn’t touch the Zaino.

Therefore since you have been using the Zaino car wash which has a little bit of Zaino polish in it you might be ok till April or May.

If I can get 6 months while using the car wash 12 –16 times with its harsh cleaners, then you may find that you could get a good 9 months because of a continue treatment of the Zaino car wash…

Remember Z = Zaino and M = McDonalds…

Quick Reply: Time between applying Zaino to truck