Bird Poop

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bird Poop

SO does anyone know how to remove bird poop from the paint? I washed the truck and you can still see where the damn bird dropped anchor on it. (I think it ate a bad burrito or something)

It's almost like a waxy residue on the paint and it won't wash off.

any suggestions/idea. (besides pulling out the 22 and start pegging them off)

Thanks

Old 03-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That stuff is acidic and if you leave it on the paint for any lenght of time, it could eat the clear coat leaving a ring like residue. You need to try to buff it out with a mild abrasive

Old 03-08-2004, 11:53 AM
Thats crappy...

Ha...no pun intended. Well maybe a little.

Old 03-12-2004, 12:44 PM
I had a similiar problem last summer with bird droppings and insect juice on my truck. I don't know if these are available in the US, bu I used the new Windex wipes to remove these stains. They worked real good and left no aftermarks.

Old 03-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From your description, it sounds as though you'll probably have to buff out the area with a mild abrasive as it has probably etched some of the clearcoat.

RP

Old 03-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Yea unfortunately you guys are right. Looking at it, you can see the difference in the "infected" areas.

Gives me a reason to get her buffed real perrrty nice.

Old 03-16-2004, 09:05 PM

Trending Topics

Old 03-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by TonyPTX
Tried Poorboy's Bird Sh*t Remover??

I hear that stuff works great but, you have to remove the sh#t shortly after it makes contact... unfortunately, in his case, it appears that the paint is probably etched to a certain degree... not too many things short of harsh abrasion that will remedy his situation in my opinion.

RP

Old 03-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd agree with RP in that the damage is already done. Your big challenge now is not to make the cure worse than the original problem. What you probably have is some minor clear coat damage. Depending on how deep the damage goes, you might be able to buff it out. I wouldn't recommend using a buffer unless you really know what you're doing though. You can buff right through the damaged area, the clear coat and the color coat so fast it will make your head spin. Then you have a real ugly problem.

I'd suggest starting with some fairly non aggressive stuff applied carefully by hand first, then see what's happening. You can always work up to a harsher compound if you're not seeing results. It's much harder to undo damage caused by starting too aggressively. I'm sure RockPick can recommend some good products to try - and the correct order. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Bird Poop