Zaino users with DARK colored vehicles…

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 01 L is black.

I got up to 5 coats of Z5 on it, I thought I was gonna have eye damage from it.

You can pretty much do as you like on it, if the Z2 is not good enough, put some Z5 on it. The website says to try some Z2 over the Z5 after you get 3 to 5 coats of it on.

I don't know, putting a couple of coats of Z2 over this Z5,....man that might make me beat off on my truck,....too many neighbors around.

Get the gloss enhancer. That was a big improvement in maintaining the shine. Use it after you wash your truck.

Dave

Old 03-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
God knows that you need things to consider...
I am always considering something...

Old 03-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Daves01L,

Thanks for the information Dave. My sonic blue is looking damn good and can’t wait to see what it looks like in the sun light this weekend. I may try a coat or 2 of the Z2 and see how it looks.

I could tell a big difference when I opened the door since I didn’t polish the door jams, it’s a big difference and means I am going to put some coats of Z5 on the door jams as well.

Yes I agree the Gloss Enhancer really helps, and makes it even more slick and helps to keep the dust off. I have been using Zaino for about 2 years now but my last truck was Silver and I only used Z2 on it and it looked awesome. I got a lot of compliments on it.

Haven’t really got any on the L yet, but I have only driven it a few times because of the weather and mud road I live down which is finally starting to dry up a bit.

If the weekend holds up and looks good I will try to get some pictures to post…

Old 03-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Thanks Boss on the tips, and I knew about the Zaino tips and tricks which is one thing to read but then another coming here and asking you people what ?you? actually like better.

No problem! As I said, I prefered "mostly" Z5 on dark colors, with an occasional coat of Z2. Sal is recommending that the "last" coat(s) be the Z2.............. I didn't find that was necessary.

Anyhow, with only an occasional coat of Z2, I don't think you notice much of a difference. Again, if you have Z1, it's a good time to force yourself into using it, as that does seem to help the durability even more.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Boss,

I never bought the Z1 since I have always bought the ZFX and Zaino’s instructions and web site had basically stated if you are using the ZFX there was no need for the Z1.

Needless to say, since I buy a LOT of Zaino products I just never bought the Z1…

Old 03-11-2004, 08:04 PM
I don't know, putting a couple of coats of Z2 over this Z5,....man that might make me beat off on my truck,....too many neighbors around.

LOL............ I feel your pain with the restraint...

Old 03-11-2004, 09:04 PM

NP. You may wanna do like I did and just go with the Z5 for now. Just the 5 coats of that was better than anything I seen out there for black.

DonnyD,
LOL............ I feel your pain with the restraint..

Quick Reply: Zaino users with DARK colored vehicles…