NXT question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NXT question

After looking over all the treads about NXT and other synthetic waxes, I want to try NXT out. Can you apply NXT over Megs#26? I still like the rich carnuba look and it seems that other people do as well. I've notised finger prints and smear marks on the paint and I know that I haven't touched those areas. Any rate the NXT on RP's King Ranch seems more reflective than #26 so I thought I might try it.

Thanks for all the help in the past, it has really made my experience with detailing much better. Although it seems that keeping my truck clean is all I can think about now, oh well I guess.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Apply the #26 OVER the NXT... that'll bring the carnauba look back IMO.

The reflectivity of NXT is nice but, I still liked the depth and rich look of carnauba. By going back over my NXT with #26, I brought it back almost to a full carnauba look.

I plan on hitting the vehicle with another coat of #26 this weekend...

RP

Old 03-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the quick response RP, does that mean that I have to start with #9 again to remove the carnuba that is on the truck now?

Old 03-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Moderator &

Certainly doesn't mean that you 'have' to but, I would suggest that you do.

Others might disagree but, as a rule of thumb with a synthetic, I think it'd be a good idea...

Surely you have a swirl or two that could make you feel better for stripping the carnauba off don't you? LOL! If you don't, I'll let you do my vehicle as I have a few problem areas that I need to address... namely, my tailgate.

RP

Old 03-11-2004, 11:46 PM
This is true. I have a few spots were people have ran their fingers across the newly waxed surface and it seems that either they have scratched it or something. Another quick question if you don't mind. How do you remove the wax that buils up around the pin stripes. I have a Lariet and the pin stripe that leads to the Lariet has a few spots where I could not remove the wax and it is bugging the crap out of me.

Old 03-12-2004, 06:00 AM
I would agree with RP. I would build a base of a couple of coats of the synthetic product (NXT), on a clean and well preped surface, and then top with the carnauba.

As for removing the wax along the pinstripe, a lot of people use a soft bristle tooth brush and some QD. I prefer to use some Q-tips, and Spray & Wipe, or another good "cleaning" QD.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Moderator &

I'd never thought about the q tip trick there Boss.... great suggestion.

I've always done the ultimate 'no-no' and used my fingernail...

RP

Trending Topics

Old 03-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys, I'm going to try the q-tip and QD thing. I think you guys have answered this question before but what is the difference between final inspection and QD?

Old 03-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by jcma81
...what is the difference between final inspection and QD?
FI is body shop safe... that means it contains NO silicones (which prevent paints' bonding to a surface. QD contains silicones.

QD, IMO, produces a slicker finish with a little more depth and 'pop'... FI is a tremendous product too. Between the two, I don't really have a preference.

I do, however, have a favorite detailing spray... it's Meguiar's Final Detail. You can buy it from www.premiumautocare.com by the single gallon for less than $20... it's WELL worth it!

RP

Old 03-12-2004, 05:39 PM
The q-tip tip worked great, thanks boss. I bought some meguiar's QD and used that. Thnaks a lot guys. I also bought some Mother's Back to Black for my plastic trim and running boards, no Meguiar's products avaliable, what do you all think about Mother's products?

Old 03-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
As for removing the wax along the pinstripe, a lot of people use a soft bristle tooth brush and some QD. I prefer to use some Q-tips, and Spray & Wipe, or another good "cleaning" QD.
Q-Tip!!! Blah....there IS an advantage to having a white truck and using the white NXT Tech Wax

I just buff and go...no need to be picky..

Tony

Old 03-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by TonyPTX
Q-Tip!!! Blah....there IS an advantage to having a white truck and using the white NXT Tech Wax

I just buff and go...no need to be picky..

Tony
Definately have a point there Tony... HAHA!

Old 03-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Maybe I sould use that as an excuse to get a new truck?

Quick Reply: NXT question