MF towels

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MF towels

I was picking up a few wash/wax supplies this morning and saw a pack of microfiber towels at Wal-Mart. Are these safe enough to remove the wax and dry the vehicle, or should I wait and order a higher quality towel?

Old 03-12-2004, 11:35 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would not use those ones on my paint. They may be worth picking up for interior, wheels, door jams, etc, but get some better quality for the body panel paint. If you need sources for MF towels, I and others can provide. Pakshak and JT International are the ones I use and they are priced well.

Last edited by APT; 03-12-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I second APT's sentiment. I have some of those towels and they are dedicated to glass and wheels.

MF is another one of those items that you get what you pay for. I hear that the Pakshak and JT towels are great. I use premiumautocare.com towels (big blue plush). They are VERY large and great towels. I own six of them I think...

If you're removing wax and that type of thing, you should look into the DF towel that PremiumAC has... they are pricey but, the most luxurious and soft towel that I've EVER used. Boss_429 turned me on to these towels and they're nothing short of amazing!!!!!! I just don't use them to quick detail or anywhere where they'll get trashed...

RP

Old 03-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the responses. Since I am going to wax my front end for a road trip, and I don't have time to order one, what would be a good 2nd choice for the removal?

Old 03-12-2004, 12:32 PM
An old 100% cotton t-shirt?!

Old 03-12-2004, 03:06 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
100% cotton bath towel, not T-shirt. T-shirts have too much thread that isn't cotton.

Old 03-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by lytngrl_94
An old 100% cotton t-shirt?!
I wouldn't use a t-shirt. The reason being is that a t-shirt simply doesn't provide enough 'nap' to bring a grain of dirt/sand/salt etc away from the vehicle's finish. Even when removing wax, you have the potential to get into an area that might have a little dirt... from there, you entrain that grain of sand between the t-shirt and the paint. As you can see, that would be a bad situation...

RP

Old 03-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I just bought the ones from walmart. I've never used any other type of MF towel, but I thought they were very good quality. Of course I have nothing else to go off of. They served my purpose, and my truck looks sexy.

Old 03-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Re: MF towels

Originally posted by HiPoCP
I was picking up a few wash/wax supplies this morning and saw a pack of microfiber towels at Wal-Mart. Are these safe enough to remove the wax and dry the vehicle, or should I wait and order a higher quality towel?
I pretty much echo what's been said here................ get the best towels you can afford. In the end, they will last longer, and/or do a better/safer job. Of course, this goes for all detailing products.

Quick Reply: MF towels