Team NXT Generation

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by wheelgunner
I bought the NXT also for my new truck. I see that some of you have used the #26 over the NXT. How long do I need to let the NXT cure before applying the 26? I have both. My truck is white so it may not really matter. I also bought the clay and some "swirl polisher". They did not have the #9 but they had some other type that I bought just in case the #9 keeps eluding me. Thanks. GS
For maximum effectiveness, you want to let the NXT cure for at least 24 hours. I would put a couple of coats of the NXT on before I would top with the #26.

Old 03-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
For maximum effectiveness, you want to let the NXT cure for at least 24 hours. I would put a couple of coats of the NXT on before I would top with the #26.
I am going the same route...plan on doing a coat of NXT prior to a coat of #26.

Two questions though:

1) How long to wait between coats of NXT? How many coats and then how many coats of #26 on top?

2) Assuming you wait 24 hours between coats of anything, what type of prep work need you again do to a vehicle that has been sitting outside for those 24 hours rather than tucked away in a garage?

Old 03-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by FX4Me
I am going the same route...plan on doing a coat of NXT prior to a coat of #26.

Two questions though:

1) How long to wait between coats of NXT? How many coats and then how many coats of #26 on top?

2) Assuming you wait 24 hours between coats of anything, what type of prep work need you again do to a vehicle that has been sitting outside for those 24 hours rather than tucked away in a garage?
1. 24 hours between coats of NXT. Two coats of NXT, then two coats of #26 should do it.

2. Good question............. Yes, you want to make sure the paint surface is clean before applying another coat. If dirty......... wash prior to second coat. If light dust............. use a good QD to wipe down the entire vehicle.

Old 03-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Thanks Boss,
I was thinking about the same question, my truck will be outside and I will be using it while I'm waiting. But, weather is supposed to be pretty nice this week after today so I'll probably wash on Wednesday and then start waxing into the weekend. Thanks guys.

On a different note, have any of you tried the Mr. Clean thing? My wife wanted to try one for her car because she hates drying it. I used it on her car (Deep Red/Maroon '04 Honda Accord) yesterday. No spots at all, really surprised me, understand the concept but didn't figure it would work that well. One problem. The soap that comes with it seemed to strip the wax that I put on a few weeks ago right off. Beaded up very well during the rinse but after washing, no beads. Just figured I would share so if you do use it, you may want to use your usual soap unless you are wanting to strip it down. GS

Old 03-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Boss_429
1. 24 hours between coats of NXT. Two coats of NXT, then two coats of #26 should do it.

2. Good question............. Yes, you want to make sure the paint surface is clean before applying another coat. If dirty......... wash prior to second coat. If light dust............. use a good QD to wipe down the entire vehicle.
Thanks again Boss!

I hope to begin putting all this information to use this weekend (that plus the $300 of Meguiars and MF towels I bought in recent weeks). I've only had my new truck three days now and the dust on it is already bothering me...

Quick Reply: Team NXT Generation