PC Use and Tips on the F150

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC Use and Tips on the F150

First off I just wanna say that I AM aware of PC HOWTO from GuruReports on general use of the PC and it's accessories.

i.e. this website
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...1430487&page=1

What I want here are some good tips on PC use on the F150 body style (i.e. how to buff around the windshield washer nozzles on the hood, how to stay away from putting wax on the bed rails, getting wax into the little nooks and crannys of the roof slots/channels, what speeds to use for specific job types, how much force do you need to apply when waxing/buffing vertical body panels, how to stay away from putting wax on badges, etc..)

I'll be firing up my PC for the first time this weekend (after I get some practice on my girlfriend's car ) and will plan on putting my second coat of NXT on my SuperCrew. I will be using a PC7336 with Meguiar's 5" backing plate and the assortment of Meguiar's 6.5" foam pads.

Thanks for the tips in advance,

TonyPTX

Old 03-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Great thread. I too have just purchased the PC and will be using it on my wife's black Explorer. I do not think its necessary to use the pc to apply nxt. I personnally would only use it to with products designed to remove scratches and marring. The NXT applies so easy by hand I do not see the benefit of using a pc with it.

I have also read where you can use 3M scotch tape (or whatever that stuff is they use to tape up before painting) to cover the washer fluid ejectors, badges, etc...

Old 03-19-2004, 06:29 PM
BUMP...

134 Views and only one reply....tis a shame

Old 03-19-2004, 07:10 PM
The best thing to do is tape everything off that you don't want stained. The only tip other than taping is to use products that don't stain trim and wipe off easy.

I usually polish with speeds from 5.0-5.5 and wax on about 2.5-3.0

Old 03-19-2004, 07:45 PM
??

Last edited by MikeF150; 05-12-2004 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by MikeF150
Just out of pure curiosity, why did you get a PC if you don't know/aren't willing to learn how to use it? The questions you ask are pretty simple.... maybe you should get someone who knows what they're doing to wax your truck rather than make stupid statements blaming folks for not responding......
At the time when constructive comments would be helpful, criticism is all that's given, even from a Senior Member such as yourself. I don't believe my questions were out of line, nor do I believe my "BUMP" was a "stupid statement". Hell, I got someone to respond with something constructive that seems to be helpful.

Sure I could have fired up the PC and went at it, but is there anything wrong about asking for some time saving tips...

Edit...removed a comment that really shouldn't have been posted in the first place.

Everyone has a question they'd like to ask and it never hurts to ask for advice...

Last edited by TonyPTX; 03-19-2004 at 09:24 PM.

Quick Reply: PC Use and Tips on the F150