Darn CATS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked the trap idea, so I contacted the local animal shelter a few days ago. They lent me a trap for free. I baited it with a can of tuna, and left it alone for the night. A few hours later, I heard the trap slam shut so I got up expecting to see a caged cat. I hadn't caught a cat, but the cutest little raccoon. I didn't have the heart to take him to the shelter, so I set him free. At least it wasn't a skunk.

Dave

Old 04-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Haha! The animal shelter probably would have let him go too.

The trap I used required a chicken bone to be attached at the wire at the end of the trap.

The first cat I caught was the fat trouble making tom cat that was always sitting on the hood of my truck!!!!!

Old 04-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Cats

I had the same problem with cats. We have 2 cats that stay in the garage at night and climb on my wife's car and my BLACK Lightning. I ordered a animal away (model no. p7810) off the internet and it works. It is a motion detector that emits a high frequency sound that humans can't here but drives cats nuts. i mounted it high enough so they can walk on the floor but gets zapped if they get on the vehicles. You may want to try this.

Raccoon

Old 04-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Cats

I posted this once and I don't know what happened to it, but we have two cats that stay in the garage at night and love to get on my wife's car and my Black L. I got an animal away off the webb that senses motion and emits a high pitched sound that people can't hear but drives the cats nuts. The unit I bought was a
P 7810 and I mounted it high enough that the cats can walk on the floor but get buzzed if they get on the vehicles. (It has a built in motion detector and so far no cat paw prints on the top, windows or trunk. If yours is a bad enough problem you may want to try this. The beauty of it is you don't have to watch for them.Just type in P7810 in the search engine and you will get a list of companies that carry this unit.

Good Luck

Jim

Old 04-10-2004, 07:07 PM
I like the trap idea,But I would use that rat-bastard for sailfish bait if it scatched my truck up!

Old 04-10-2004, 10:30 PM
And if you live out in the country one of these will surely do the job.

Old 04-10-2004, 10:48 PM
tsc
Trap the little bugger; then tie it to a board, where he can only get his front paws on it. Troll this rig at your local fishing hole and wait for the muskies. Hey, he got to sleep on your nice warm hood, so it's now payback time (what's more fun then fishing with free bait?). Just kidding . hope you catch him, before he causes any real damage. I would agree with Frank's Red but I'll rather keep hunting the two legged types who decide to visit me at night without a key to the house.

Old 04-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I loved the game 01 xlt sport....its too bad it wasnt automatic cuz i coudlnt get too many cats!! I used to have the same problem..a couple of cats would jump up on my hood clawing their way up to get ontop of it....that ended soon with some lead in their head...i live on a farm so it was easy to "dispose properly" lol. now i have some small surface scrathes u can see in the light..hopefully when i wax next i can get them out.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:42 PM
If you live in an urban area, like me, and discharging a firearm would probably be a very bad idea, try using the old trusty round nose shovel instead. Had a kitty in our neighborhood that didn't belong to anyone, and that would roost on my truck at night. Made friends with the little darlin' one evening, and at exactly the top of the hour (or close) I rang his chime with my old Home Depot special. I then utilized the multi-purpose tool to deposit him under the dirt in the back yard. No drips, no runs, no errors, and no scratches on the cars since. Works every time...........

Old 04-14-2004, 02:39 PM
What you need for these cats is the European Ford Sportka!

Check out the link below for more info!

http://rizzn.com/images/kA2.mpeg

Quick Reply: Darn CATS!