Darn CATS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darn CATS!

I spent the weekend washing, waxing, and detailing my truck. I had it looking better than new. I got up this morning and saw a neighborhood cat sitting on my hood. It left muddy footprints from bumper to bumper. This happens quite often, and it's driving me nuts. Besides footprints, there are lots of claw marks in the paint. Unfortunately, my garage is full of project cars right now so I keep my truck outside under a carport. As far as I know, the cat doesn't belong to anyone. It roams the area with no collar or tags. What would you guys do?

Dave

Old 03-21-2004, 11:57 AM
I think I would be having me some General Tsao's chicken or some Mu Shu pork. Call your local chinese restaraunt....they can give you some really good recipes for neighborhood stray.

Old 03-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Being an animal lover, I'm not sure what to tell you outside of contacting your local 'dog catcher' types to see what they can suggest.

I wouldn't take the approach that put footprints on your vehicles (however, I might mention it in passing) but, I'd approach the problem from a nucissance stand point. Explain that they are causing some problems (ie: loud at night, footprints on vehicles...etc..etc...) and see what they might recommend.

Then, when all else fails, contact 01 XLT Sport. He's not cheap but, I understand that cats fear him.

RP

Old 03-21-2004, 12:07 PM
You're lucky the cat didn't leave scratches in the paint........ that can happen pretty easy. I'd mention it to your neighbor in a nice way............. the first time! The second time in "not" such a nice way! The third time, the cat would "mysteriously" disappear!

Old 03-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Boss_429
...The third time, the cat would "mysteriously" disappear!
See the General Tso's Chicken' comment above... LOL!

Old 03-21-2004, 01:03 PM
If you live close by I can TAKE CARE of your kitty problem. They make wonderful speed bumps…

If you’re not close to me I would suggest this:

Get friendly with the kitty, put some food out for it etc. Get a cage, when kitty will finally come to you put kitty in cage and take to the nearest pound or what ever they call it now. Tell them it’s not your cat and causing damage to your property and you have seen some guy now twice to implant or install the kitty as a speed bump therefore you fear for the kitty.

They will either find a home for it or kill it, either way it’s a win-win situation for you. No more stupid useless cat roaming around getting your truck all dirty and SCRATCHED.

This may help relieve some frustrations in the mean time – Here kitty, kitty, kitty…

Old 03-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Trust me on this one, buy or loan a 'Super Soaker'

Get the most powerful one you can, late at night fill it up with ICE cold water, and creep outside not to aleart the cat. Then you're going to blast the crap out of it. Keep chasing it down the street spraying it all to hell. It wont come around anymore.

I know it works because I used to have two cat inside my house, and a stray cat would sit on my window sil outside. My cats would in turn try to attack the cat, and it would wake me up in the middle of the night.

PS- for added fun, put bleach in the water

Old 03-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I like the Super Soaker idea. I'll have to try that on the neighbor kids too. The link from 01 XLT Sport was great too...check it out...

Dave

Old 03-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Moderator &

Bleach? LMAO!!!

Old 03-21-2004, 10:35 PM
My Rottweiller loves cats. He can take care of that problem real quick...

Old 03-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Be carefull with the supersoaker. When the cat takes off he will take paint with him. You will remember he was there till you get a new paint job.

Old 03-30-2004, 03:09 PM
To avoid scratches on your vehicle, just casually walk up to the cat, this will usually get the cat to "walk" off the truck, then let all hell break loose!!! Make sure the super soaker is so pumped up, you can't pump it any more.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:21 AM
I had the same problem as you, and I decided to setup my on "Cat Relocation Program".

Here's what I did: I contacted my local Animal Shelter/Pound, and was able to get a cat trap for free (with refundable deposit).

The cat trap is a rectangular box with an open end that closes once the cat walks in and grabs the bait at the end of the trap.

After you catch your first cat (you will catch many), make sure it isn't someone's pet. You can then drop off the cat at the Shelter where you rented the trap, or "relocate" it like I did.

The shelters around here pretty much put down any older feral cats, which were the ones I was catching. I didn't want them to die just because they jumped on my truck, so I relocated them about 4 miles away across a freeway near a canyon and a strip mall with plenty of restaurants (tasty dumpster trash).

I caught 3 cats in just 2 hours, dropping them off as I caught them. It's been 2 years since I did this, and haven't had another cat jump on my truck!!!

Old 03-31-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by gpaje
After you catch your first cat (you will catch many), make sure it isn't someone's pet. You can then drop off the cat at the Shelter where you rented the trap, or "relocate" it like I did.

Who cares if it belongs to someone. They should be more responsible in allowing their animals to roam free, causing inconvenience to neighbours.

They only time this is important is if the tags have an address for the owner... then you can knock on their door to slap them in the head for being inconsiderate, irresponsible pet owners.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by J-150
Who cares if it belongs to someone. They should be more responsible in allowing their animals to roam free, causing inconvenience to neighbours.

They only time this is important is if the tags have an address for the owner... then you can knock on their door to slap them in the head for being inconsiderate, irresponsible pet owners.

True

Quick Reply: Darn CATS!