whats the best polish or wax for a White Screw ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dallasscrew

Just finished waxing my white 04 SCrew using the Meguiers polish and the Carnauba wax and it almost glows. Before I polished and waxed I clayed the surface and that made a huge difference. I know its another step but if you're serious about the finish it's definately worth it and it also makes the polish and wax process easier and quicker.

Old 04-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Re: Boss_429

Originally posted by dallasscrew
Hey Boss_429
Sorry to jump colors here, but you mentioned you have a dark shadow gray truck and use a carnauba wax.
my 03' screw is about 8 months old and just did the my first waxing of it this weekend - some turlewax i had from before. i wasn't really impressed with the result. i did like it on the old deep blue Ranger though, but that paint had more depth i think.

if you have a wax that you are happy with, or anyone else reading this, i'd appreciate the suggestions.
dallasscrew,

Sorry I missed your post. Anyhow, yes I use carnauba wax on my DSG Screw. I think the depth/wetness/darkness that carnauba's give helps the DSG more that the clear/reflectivness that sealants give. The gray looks OK with sealants, but better with carnauba's.......... at least in my opinion.

Having said that, any quality carnauba wax will work well. Just to name a few............... Meguiar's #26, P21S, Trade Secret, and Poorboy's Natty's wax would all work well. Of that list, I like Trade Secret, and Natty's wax the best.

Keep in mind, that the paint prep is equally important, and a large factor in the end results. That means paint cleaning, polishing, swirl removal, and glazing.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: dallasscrew

Originally posted by L Squared
...Before I polished and waxed I clayed the surface and that made a huge difference. I know its another step but if you're serious about the finish it's definately worth it and it also makes the polish and wax process easier and quicker.
You said a mouthfull right there L Squared!! Prep work is ESSENTIAL!!!

RP

Old 04-12-2004, 06:20 AM
For a cleaner wax, I like a microbrew called Formula113. Its is the best one step I have ever used and far outweighs meguiars and zaino. Goes on fairly easy, remove swirl marks, and stays nice looking the longest. WWW.Formula113.com.

Once it gets into summer and I just want to shine the truck (not use a cleaner wax) I like to use meguiars medallion. It is one of the better pure waxes I have found.

Old 04-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the info guys!
paint is still in great condition, no swills or marks, only wash it in the evening, no water spots. garaged, covered parking at work

are most of these available at an autozone type place?

thanks again.

Quick Reply: whats the best polish or wax for a White Screw ?