Getting wax off the trim?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all, haven't been around in about a month because things have been so busy at work. I've been playing catch-up and this post caught my eye as I recently decided it was time to take care of some of the dried wax on my bedrails & mirrors.

I'm interested in what the Mr Clean eraser can do for my running boards and door sills, which both have a lot of dirt, but as for plain old wax on trim, I agree with those who have recommended a regular white eraser. All mine are from the local art supply store, but I bet any office supply would have them too. Just rub them it over the wax several times and it comes right off. I messed around with stuff from poorboys, meguiar's and others, and they add a great shine but once it wears off the white stuff is still there. Not so with the white eraser - it takes it off for good.

In a way it's disappointing that something so simple and cheap works the best - it's more fun to buy new stuff for the detail shelf!

-G

Old 05-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all, haven't been around in about a month because things have been so busy at work. I've been playing catch-up and this post caught my eye as I recently decided it was time to take care of some of the dried wax on my bedrails & mirrors.

I'm interested in what the Mr Clean eraser can do for my running boards and door sills, which both have a lot of dirt, but as for plain old wax on trim, I agree with those who have recommended a regular white eraser. All mine are from the local art supply store, but I bet any office supply would have them too. Just rub them it over the wax several times and it comes right off. I messed around with stuff from poorboys, meguiar's and others, and they add a great shine but once it wears off the white stuff is still there. Not so with the white eraser - it takes it off for good.

In a way it's disappointing that something so simple and cheap works the best - it's more fun to buy new stuff for the detail shelf!

-G

Old 05-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by RockPick
Purely a thought as I haven't tried it yet either.... I do know it worked a miracle on my running boards... I never realized how dirty they were!
The initial results are in, and the Mr. Clean magic eraser seems to work great.

I need to get my truck out in the sun to make sure it is not a cover up process, but the first glance, at some of the areas look to be back in the black again.

Thanks RP, that seems ( so far ) to work great.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AWESOME! Glad to hear it worked SSCULLY! Did you try it on any rubber or was it all strictly plastic trim? I ask because I got some #83 on my rubber seals around my windows (next to the pillar) and I'm wondering what I should try...

RP

Old 05-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
RP,

So far only the plastic trim. I didn't have a need to go after the rubber trim yet.

Give it a try, as I am sure it will work fine, without any problems.

sms

Old 05-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by SSCULLY
RP,

So far only the plastic trim. I didn't have a need to go after the rubber trim yet.

Give it a try, as I am sure it will work fine, without any problems.

sms
I tried it just a few minutes ago... I have before and after pics but, I'm going to start a new thread to show them off....

This will make all the Jiffy (Peanut Butter) guys want to use something else!!!

CLICK HERE TO END YOUR OVER WAX PROBLEMS!

Last edited by Rockpick; 05-09-2004 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Getting wax off the trim?