Went to get get my truck washed/waxed

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dzervit
you would have bitched if they climbed in the bed to clean the roof, wouldn't you? "Hey man, your getting shoe prints in my bed!! I'm taking my biznaz elsewhere!!!"

I tried that... the wife said "fine, do it yourself then!"

too bad. she was cheap labor.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by oscar_a_wiggy
in responce to "i only use the "real wax" twice a year" .... reason is when i was younger i had an 86 transam. awesome car and i loved it. washed and waxed it all the time, probrably more than once a week. well all that rubbing wore right thru the clear coat. paint was never the same after that.

i know paint technology is much better now, but twice a year is all i will do with the regular wax and with spray wax touch ups maybe once a month.

just my 2 cents
Not only is paint better but so is the wax. I may be wrong, maybe RP can shed some light, but I am pretty sure anything NXT and lighter doesnt have enough abrassives in it even if you waxed it every week...err...right?...so that big shiny silver spot on my hood isnt a reflection?

Old 07-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by EddyG88
Not only is paint better but so is the wax. I may be wrong, maybe RP can shed some light, but I am pretty sure anything NXT and lighter doesnt have enough abrassives in it even if you waxed it every week...err...right?...so that big shiny silver spot on my hood isnt a reflection?
You kind of hit the nail on the head in my opinion. The probable cause for burning through the paint on the old TA was because the wax that you were utilizing was an abrasive polish/wax combo.

Today's finishes actually offer less 'mil' of a clearcoating on the top of the paint but, it is said that today's coatings are much more durable. This, however, doesn't mean that one should utilize an abrasive wax/polish at each and every interval of the detailing process.

My suggestion is this; only utilize something that is abrasive if you need something that is abrasive. In short, if you have swirls / scratches, go in with a game plan and course of action to utilize the least aggressive product first (and maybe second) to deal with your situation. Under no means should someone continously polish their paint for no other reason than they think it's the right thing to do. You can over polish.

RP

Old 07-15-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by GB150
Sidelt, where in the phone company do you work? I also live in the DFW area and work for the phone company. I work in TXC in the NOC.
Fort Worth in the DaVar/Pair Recovery Crew. I hold the title of Cable Splicing Technician, but I test crossboxes in the field from an air conditioned truck. It's not perfect, but it isn't splicing or repair.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Banned
you are such a little bitch. if you don't want anyone messing up your baby, why don;t you wash it yourself instead of complaining. if you would know anything about taking care of your turck, you would have noticed immediately what they were doing.. you want your turck to be pretty, get down and dirty!!

Old 07-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Nice first post! Come out swinging!!!

Old 07-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
original post by: DEMENTED1520 (snip)

you want your turck to be pretty, get down and dirty!!
spank um!

Quick Reply: Went to get get my truck washed/waxed