What are you using to clean your windows?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RockPick
Here's a second vote for exactly what Ahs said...

CG, you really should try microfiber... you'll drop paper towels all together!!

RP
I'm for anything that does the job better/easer...

But can I get these microfiber towels here where I live ?? Do they have a brand name to look for ?? I can't remembering seeing them...Thanks...

Old 09-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by ConcreteGuy
I'm for anything that does the job better/easer...

But can I get these microfiber towels here where I live ?? Do they have a brand name to look for ?? I can't remembering seeing them...Thanks...
For cleaning glass, I'm not nearly as nit-picky about microfiber as I am with the ones that touch my paint.

In short, I think you'll be able to find some 'average' to 'slightly below average' microfiber towels in the car care isle at your local 'mart' store or Pep Boys/Autozone type of place.

Boss_429 introduced me to a VERY high quality microfiber towel several months ago called the DF Concours Towel (available from Premiumautocare.com). These towels are INCREDIBLY plush and they're just about the only thing that I use to remove wax from my painted surfaces. While they're not cheap, you really get what you pay for here.

A second towel that I've grown to love is the classic plush blue towel (also from premiumautocare.com). This is a very large towel that, again, is very soft and very high quality. I typically carry two of these in the truck along with a bottle of quick detailer (Final Detail) to touch up spots or to remove an occasional bird bomb.

I own 6 DF towels and 10+ Blue's. At this point, used, I wouldn't sell them to you for what I paid for them! I love these towels.

RP

Old 09-14-2004, 06:29 PM
I too use the cheap ones from PepBoys for the glass and vinyl. Use the good ones from PAC on the paint.
I own 6 DF towels and 10+ Blue's. At this point, used, I wouldn't sell them to you for what I paid for them! I love these towels.
, you are talking about cases, right?

Old 09-15-2004, 07:44 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, cheapies are fine for glass, trim, and interior. But don't use them on your paint.

Old 09-18-2004, 12:53 PM
RP or Boss_429

Boss_429 introduced me to a VERY high quality microfiber towel several months ago called the DF Concours Towel (available from Premiumautocare.com). These towels are INCREDIBLY plush and they're just about the only thing that I use to remove wax from my painted surfaces. While they're not cheap, you really get what you pay for here.
RP, the first towel looks like it is from France - if so I don't want to buy that one. Am I wrong about it being from France?

A second towel that I've grown to love is the classic plush blue towel (also from premiumautocare.com). This is a very large towel that, again, is very soft and very high quality. I typically carry two of these in the truck along with a bottle of quick detailer (Final Detail) to touch up spots or to remove an occasional bird bomb.
The second one - looks of interest, but is it exceptional as a drying towel? I have purchased some good quality MF towels and like them but am looking to replace some of them. The waffle weave MF towels (in my limited experience) have been the best so far as a drying towel. I take it that these classic plush blue towels must be intended as a drying towel since they are so large.

I also want to replace some of my smaller towels. Do you just cut up these large one's? or buy something else?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 09-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Moderator &

Re: RP or Boss_429

Originally posted by THall
RP, the first towel looks like it is from France - if so I don't want to buy that one. Am I wrong about it being from France?

Uhh, I don't know on that one. I know the guys' company is DF but, I know for a fact that he's here in the US. Your decision on this one... When it comes to a quality product, I'll buy it; no matter where it's made. Plus, I've conversed with the guy who markets these towels. He's a super guy who is a true car care fanatic.

The second one - looks of interest, but is it exceptional as a drying towel? I have purchased some good quality MF towels and like them but am looking to replace some of them. The waffle weave MF towels (in my limited experience) have been the best so far as a drying towel. I take it that these classic plush blue towels must be intended as a drying towel since they are so large.
The Blue Plush isn't an excellent drying towel as I don't think it was intended for that purpose. I have, however, utilized it to clean up remaining water droplets after drying with a waffle weave and further find it to be an EXCELLENT towel for quick detailing; in fact, it's the towel that I use when I'm going over my truck with Final Detail or Final Inspection.

Personally, I love the feel of a large towel. The padding is greater and thus, I feel that there's less chance of causing adverse problems with my paint. Further, you have A LOT of surface area to work with if you're dusting off a vehicle. Nearly every panel on my truck gets a dedicated surface. I like that.

I also want to replace some of my smaller towels. Do you just cut up these large one's? or buy something else?
Understood. I'm the same way as I like to use certain towels for certain things. If I were you, I'd either investigate getting the Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe or the Soft Touch towels from PAC.

Both of those towels are VERY high quality and I don't think you could go wrong with either. Be reminded that these are just a couple of the nicer MF towels on the market. There are literally OODLES of high-quality towels out there.

I hope that helps a little bit!

RP

Old 09-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Super

Thanks for the response - Tom

Old 09-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Moderator &

Re: Super

Thanks for the response - Tom
NP Tom. I hope I clarified a little of the confusion...

Old 09-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Tom,

This is the website for the manufacturer of the df towels:
http://www.dftowel.com/
All our DF® Concours products are proudly Made in the USA!

Old 09-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by JohnAndDar
Tom,

This is the website for the manufacturer of the df towels:
http://www.dftowel.com/

There ya go! Now run out and buy a half-dozen!

Old 09-19-2004, 02:30 AM
nother vote for just plain ole newspaper and some stoners. Has a bit of a rough texture that does a bit better on those annoying water spots we all get from our crappy water. Im sure a MF towel would work great but the paper is free and MF towels sure aren't.

Dan

Old 09-20-2004, 10:28 PM
Took the advise of using Stoners and used acotton towel. Finally I have finished without a haze on the windshield. Thanks for the advise.

Old 09-23-2004, 02:10 AM
My vote is for SprayWay. I believe it is a C.R. Lawrence Product now.

I have never seen it at Costco, but I wish they would carry it. I would actually buy that stuff by the case.

The micro-fiber towel works nice too. I only own the ones that they sell at Costco. They seem pretty nice to me. But then again I'm not real particular.

Old 10-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Ok, I am probably going to get ***** for this, but am I the only one that uses just plain water?

I have converted to microfibre mainly because they leave no lint, but unless the window is really bad like bugs everywhere, I use hot water. One microfibre wet to clean and one microfibre to dry with. Works for me and costs nothing.

I have always had tinted windows and they say not to use certain solvents on tinted windows, so I always used just plain water. I guess have never given in to using something else.

Old 10-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Here is a great article that I used to help me with my glass.

Quick Reply: What are you using to clean your windows?