Love that NXT Wax!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love that NXT Wax!

I finally found some of that Megurers NXT wax and used on my '03 Mustang GT (dark grey). I could not believe the difference it made on it. This car is kept in th garage and only comes out on nice days, but I could still see a big difference. The following weekend I did my '99 F150 (deep wedgewood blue)and the wifes '04 Escape (dark blue with dark grey lowers). They both turned out great. I highly recommend this wax. On top of a great shine this wax doesn't stain the plastic trim like most waxes do and is really easy to apply and remove. Just wanted to add my good experience to all the rest that I have read on here.

Old 11-02-2004, 07:41 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to hear that you liked it Johnson!

I noted that, within your post, you didn't mention if you just utilized one coat or two coats. As a good rule of thumb for most surface coatings, you should apply two coats. For NXT it is recommended that you apply one coat and then wait 24 hours before application of the second to allow the engineered polymers to properly 'set'.

Further, by applying two coats, you get as close as possible to ensuring that all areas of your surface (paint) are covered in a protective coating. Two coats further enhances the 'build' thickness for protection.

Just a helpful hint...

Again, I'm glad you like the stuff. It's certainly very high up my list of favorite products.

RP

Old 11-07-2004, 10:54 AM
i also just waxed with nxt after hunting for it and i put the two coats on easy to use and looks great thanks

Old 11-07-2004, 11:19 AM
It must of been a good week for waxing. I just got finished with my second coat this morning (sunday). Man, it makes the color really deep.
I just stocked up big time on the miguiar's line (#9,#26,NXT)due to my neighbor is the manager at car parts and he told me they just been bought out by auto zone. This means BIG discount. I just got 60% off .......He says they just have to make room for the remodel.....what ever...

Old 11-13-2004, 04:22 AM
Johnson505 or anyone else, i have a red Lightning, if i switched over to NXT could i just use NXT exclusively or would i need to use something with it to see great results? Thanks

Old 11-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by motleycrue
Johnson505 or anyone else, i have a red Lightning, if i switched over to NXT could i just use NXT exclusively or would i need to use something with it to see great results? Thanks
motleycrue,

If you are happy with the way NXT looks and performs for you, then by all means.............. use it exclusively. With that said, I think red is one of those colors that really looks great with a fine carnauba. You could try #26 over NXT. Many people use, and love that combo!

Old 11-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Boss_429
motleycrue,

If you are happy with the way NXT looks and performs for you, then by all means.............. use it exclusively. With that said, I think red is one of those colors that really looks great with a fine carnauba. You could try #26 over NXT. Many people use, and love that combo!
Just like Boss mentioned, you can utilize it solo or with a nice carnauba (#26 for example) topper. My suggestion is to try it both ways.

Coat half of your hood with two coats of NXT (24 hours apart) and then follow, another 24 hours later, with a topper of #26. Leave the other half with the two coats of NXT. Wait a day. Look at it in direct sunlight from oodles of angles and start drawing your own judgement. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised with all scenarios.

Many folks won't notice a difference in appearance initially but, once you've really grown accustomed to it, I believe you will.

Personlly, the NXT/#26 combo is one of my personal favorites and I've been utilizing it on my Chestnut Brown King Ranch for a while now with nothing but stellar results.

Enjoy and feel free to ask other questions!

RP

Trending Topics

Old 11-24-2004, 12:56 PM
is that the stuff you see in the purple spray bottle? I was jsut at Walmart and saw some Meguliars stuff that was in a purple spray bottle. I think it was the nxt. Not sure. I thought it said for use with plastics. I was looking for soemthing to treat like the cowl and other plastic parts so they dont look all nasty but i had heard that armor all is crap. If thats not what you are talking about.... any suggestions?

Old 11-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Moderator &

The purple spray bottle is, indeed, NXT but, it's the 'SPRAY WAX' form. My personal opinion about the spray version of NXT (verses that of the liquid wax) is somewhat varied.

RP

Old 11-24-2004, 03:45 PM
is that the stuff you use on plastics to protect them??

Old 11-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by polishpowersge
is that the stuff you use on plastics to protect them??
Negative. It's not a protectant or dressing but a 'spray wax'. A spray wax is designed to be utilized between waxings to keep that 'just waxed' look. While it does offer some protection for painted surfaces, it falls short of providing the level of protection that a full coat of a quality wax or sealant would provide.

RP

Old 11-24-2004, 06:01 PM
I do use these 'quick detailers' between waxing.. but not instead of waxing.. seems to do well as a quick clean, and keeps the leaves and tree sap off the trucks/cars/motorcycles..

Wayne

Old 11-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by waynetruitt
I do use these 'quick detailers' between waxing.. but not instead of waxing.. seems to do well as a quick clean, and keeps the leaves and tree sap off the trucks/cars/motorcycles..

Wayne
A spray wax is very different from a quick detailer though. A QD spray is utilized to remove light dust, fingerprints, and other very light fallout. A spray wax is not to be used in the same fashion but more so on a clean, dust-free vehicle.

Many folks talk of using spray wax in the very same method that most folks wax; by a hand applicator. A QD is, generally speaking, a spray on/wipe off product which you don't allow to dry.

I, too, use QD sprays and am not sure how I lived without them before they hit the market but, make sure you go to the table with the product that is meant for the job at hand and not one that is meant for something else.

RP

Old 11-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Great point.. I use only the quick detailers for the easy wipe on/wipe off... I started using these when I went to a motorcycle rally and it rained buckets.. well.. my bike and everybody elses looked aweful.. then this guy rides up w/ a bike that looks like new. Of course, I asked how he did it.. he pulls out a can of stuff called "Honda Pro Clean"..stuff works GREAT...

Well, after this experience.. I figured I could find something for my car and truck.. sure enough.. I have been using Meguiars QD and love it...

Funny though.. I have never used the Honda Clean on the cars or the Meguiars QD on the bike.. probably not a problem, but just never tried

Wayne

Old 11-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Moderator &

You know, it's strange. I've gone years and years and have never heard of this Honda Pro Clean stuff and, in the course of a week, I've read two raves about it. Must be some good stuff...

Quick Reply: Love that NXT Wax!