Shop Vacs

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockpick, here is a link to a brush for the PC at PAC's: Brush

Old 07-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm bringing this topic back to life...

I did a search to seek out what HP and size everyone is using but haven't really seen any winners. So does anyone have a recommendation on size and HP? I am currently looking at a 9 gal. 3.5hp or a 12 gal. 5hp, both of them by Rigid. I am also considering a portable Rigid 4 gal, 5hp.

This will mainly be used to vac out the truck and car, but also the occasional sawdust/drywall/wood piece pile.

Thanks for any input!!

Old 07-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by KSUWildcat
I'm bringing this topic back to life...

I did a search to seek out what HP and size everyone is using but haven't really seen any winners. So does anyone have a recommendation on size and HP? I am currently looking at a 9 gal. 3.5hp or a 12 gal. 5hp, both of them by Rigid. I am also considering a portable Rigid 4 gal, 5hp.

This will mainly be used to vac out the truck and car, but also the occasional sawdust/drywall/wood piece pile.

Thanks for any input!!
I have the Ridgid, 5HP 12 gal I think. This model goes on sale around Christmas every year and I bought it for 29.99 2 years ago. Last year I bought my Mom one and my Brother one. If you don't absolutely have to have one now then wait until Christmas and arrive at Home Depot early. They may not be on sale again this year, but they have been 29.99 for the past two years. I might even pick up another one this year just as a spare.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I used to have a Shop Vac on wheels. Was ok, but always in the way. About a year ago, I bought a vac at Sears. It is talland only about 18" in diameter, comes with lots of attachments. The neat thing is that it hangs on the wall out of the way. My wife is constantly getting it to clean hard to get to spots in the house. I think it is 5 or 6 amp, very powerful, does a great job on my truck.

Quick Reply: Shop Vacs