Have you ever seen this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you ever seen this?

I was at a car wash last night rinsing off my truck, and I saw something that never fails to make me cringe. Someone was using the foaming tire brush on the body of their truck. To make matters worse, it was one of those new orange and black Harley-Davidson trucks. Those scratches will never come out of his finish.
Does anyone else hate it when they see this?

Old 11-14-2004, 11:32 PM
i use the foam brush on my entire truck in the winter time when its too cold for bucketwashing. I rinse the brush out really well before i use it and make sure theres no dirt, etc in it. My trucks paint is in great condition and looks sweet with a fresh coat of Meguairs 26 wax, but its just an XL and its almost 6 years old. Its not perfect, its got some swirl marks, a few nicks and scratches, etc, so i dont feel bad about using the brush on it. If i had a "special" truck like a L or HD, i would never consider a car wash except maybe for a rinse off. It does bother me to see people with REALLY nice cars, such as a black cobra using the brush because i dont think they really know what theyre doing.

Last edited by Green_98; 11-14-2004 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:19 AM
I've seen this a million times. I've also seen a million vehicles driving down the road with scuffed paint. Black paint + a dirty brush from washing countless cars = .

Old 11-15-2004, 11:27 AM
I use the brush in the winter months as well. I also blast if for a minute with the pressure nozzle to ensure it's free from debris. I haven't damaged my paint yet (prolly will now that I said it).

It's also wise to give it a quick visual inspection and run your hand through it. The ¼ wash I go to has nice soft brushes.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Green_98
My trucks paint is in great condition and looks sweet with a fresh coat of Meguairs 26 wax, but its just an XL and its almost 6 years old. Its not perfect, its got some swirl marks, a few nicks and scratches, etc, so i dont feel bad about using the brush on it.
Exactly.

Old 11-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dzervit
I haven't damaged my paint yet (prolly will now that I said it).

you were thinking the same thing about the Magic Eraser until the last time you used one...

Old 11-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by J-150
you were thinking the same thing about the Magic Eraser until the last time you used one...
How true... It was actually the first time since everyone hyped it so much. Worked great on the bimmer so why not the F1Fiddy! d'oh d'oh d'oh!

Soft scrub will prolly tear up this interior as well... give it a year I'll have a scrubbed up pile of sheet...

Trending Topics

Old 11-16-2004, 05:10 PM
How true... It was actually the first time since everyone hyped it so much. Worked great on the bimmer so why not the F1Fiddy! d'oh d'oh d'oh!

Soft scrub will prolly tear up this interior as well... give it a year I'll have a scrubbed up pile of sheet...

why prolong the agony... 80 grit is much faster. Especially on a belt sander. Just get in there and remove all your textures in one day!

Old 11-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by J-150
why prolong the agony... 80 grit is much faster. Especially on a belt sander. Just get in there and remove all your textures in one day!
HAHAHA!

Old 11-16-2004, 10:50 PM
hhhmmmm... No worries then about stains, scratches or burns... toss some Sponge-Bob bedsheets over the leather and I'm good to go! Hee-haw!

*sigh*

Old 11-17-2004, 05:20 PM
hhhmmmm... No worries then about stains, scratches or burns... toss some Sponge-Bob bedsheets over the leather and I'm good to go! Hee-haw!

*sigh*

you dont already? jeez are you behind the times.

we're all sporting SpongeBob and Dora The Explorer gear in our trucks.