Wiper Blade length

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiper Blade length

I have looked in a few threads which I found while searching, but did not find exactly what I'm looking for. (My younger brother recommended this site a long time ago, but I didn't take the time to register yet). Anyway, so far, it seems like a great site!

My question/issue is this: simple, likely, but nonetheless, I thought I'd ask: My windshield wipers badly need replacing. I was browsing on www.jcwhitney.com and found some that I think will work really well: Quadrablade Lifetime Wiper Blade. My only issue is that JC Whitney does not provide any info as to what size I would need for my truck! I have seen in other threads that apparently the common sizes are 20 and 22 inches? Anyway, what would be the best size for such a truck as I have?

99 Ford F150 XLT 2WD with Extended or Super Cab (I forget which is the exact term for my year - it has the back 2 doors, but no outside handles on them).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone would recommend some other blades as apposed to the quadrablades, or even a source for getting them cheaper than JC Whitney..

Old 12-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Just take a measuring tape to your stock blades.

For my truck, I upsized my blades 2". No bumping and more clearing area

Old 12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestion...

I've thought of that as well, but as I keep forgetting to do that when at home, and I don't usually carry a tape measure with me to work, I thought I might could get an idea withouth having to bother with it. Thanks, anyway, though. Sounds like you went with the 22 inch wipers is my guess.

Old 12-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Old 12-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks

Thanks again - that was a post worth reading for sure!

Old 12-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BostonCowboy
Just take a measuring tape to your stock blades.

For my truck, I upsized my blades 2". No bumping and more clearing area
being in the snowbelt, I do the opposite in winter. I go shorter by 2". The longer blades freeze on the ends.

It doesnt clear as much windsheild, but what it does clear, it does so cleanly with no crap on the ends.

Quick Reply: Wiper Blade length