calling out the pro's!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem Bro!!

Feelin' a little like this is more "chat" than "forum", today!!

Matt

Old 12-16-2004, 05:59 PM
to many people not doing anything today but i totally feel ya bro! i keep running back and forth the the garage and the computer to see who chimed in! lates

Old 12-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like I mentioned, there are several Meguiar's 7336/7424 models on ebay right now. If I were buying one right now, I'd snag one of those for $100 and enjoy the lifetime warranty that comes along with the Meguiar'ized version of the exact same tool. Just a hint.

RP

Old 12-17-2004, 02:03 AM
thanks RP, i'll check em out tonight.

Old 12-17-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Willie Dynomite
Boss-RP, again coined the Godfathers of Wax! i wrote all the info down and will get on it this weekend. i'm on miltary leave for the holidays so i got plenty of "do nothing" time on my hands!! all the best to you guys, and happy holidays if i do not write ya before hand!
Willie,

Looks like RP covered you nicely on all your other questions. So, all I have to add is................. Happy Holidays to you and your family too! :santa:

Old 12-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Moderator &

Thanks for the holiday wishes Boss! I certainly wish nothing but the same for you and yours... and to everyone on the board... :santa:

Old 12-17-2004, 01:55 PM
have a merry!

thanks gents, and hope you and your have a blessed holiday season, and that all us truck nuts get what we want!! willie

Old 12-21-2004, 01:54 PM
hey guys!

alright, i'm thinking about one more repetitive question that i must ask. it concerns dry time for waxes and such. i know they all say let dry to a haze, but about how long does it really take the haze to become evident? i know it asll depends on outside temp and all. but it seems to me that when i wax my truck, which i'll be doing here very soon, i'll hit up one body panel or section, then do another, then go back and remove the wax off the first one. is that too soon? how long should i wait till the wax takes affect is what i'm really asking. thanks again and hiopefully you guys won't be pestered by me for a while, as i am taking notes this time around! i have post it's all over the place with little hints and tricks from you all!! also, i have some Gold Class clear coat prep and swirl reducer, now compared to #9, i'm guessing that the GC is a less abrasive since it is a "reducer" not "remover" like the #9 correct? Willie

Last edited by Willie Dynomite; 12-21-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Willie,

Some waxes are WOWO (wipe on/wipe off) products. These would include Pinnacle Souveran, P21S/S100, Trade Secret, and some others. Other waxes like #26, #16, Natty's wax, and others are "haze then wipe" products. Most sealants are "haze then wipe" products.

Anyhow, if you are using a "haze then wipe" product, and you are putting it on correctly (thin coat), you should let it haze up, then remove it. I simply apply a light coat to the entire vehicle in a clockwise motion, and then start wiping off in the same clockwise motion.

A lot of people use the "finger-swipe" test.......... they lightly use their index finger to swipe an area that looks "hazed-up". If the product comes off cleanly, without any smearing, the product is ready to be removed.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Thank you Godfather! but how does the Gold Class work into the scheme of things? So far today, i used the cleaner wax, #9 the right way this time, just how you and RP explained to me. now i'm applying a thin coat of 26 after i shook the bottle up for 20 minutes!! i already see a difference in the #9 by doing it the way you and Don RP explained. put it on small section at a time, then wipe while still damp. thank you so much Godfather! Willie!

Old 12-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Moderator &

Just wait til you get our bill in the mail.... you won't be thanking us anymore...

Someone has to pay for our stash of chemicals!

RP

Old 12-22-2004, 03:16 AM
i sure as hell hope there is no bill coming, although i did think of telling you guys that, but i bet someone has already told you that! you two should come up with another web site
www.godfathers_of_wax.com!! but i put that nxt on the truck tonight, and wow oh wow!! looks good, can't wait till tomorrow to throw down more! thanks again guys! and i prolly won't be around for a few days as i'm leaving town, so to all have a merry christmas! Willie and family

Quick Reply: calling out the pro's!