Windshield Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Bosch blades, they are silicone. After 2 years they are not working too well now, They are a life time replacement, but I think I'll try the Silblades.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by MotoF150
their trainned auto service expert told me there is an up and down side to all wiper blades and most people don't know that, he said most people install them upside down and that decreases how effective the wiper blades work.
Ive never heard of this (at least not on any blades Ive bought or installed), has anyone else?

Old 01-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by LittleTow
Ive never heard of this (at least not on any blades Ive bought or installed), has anyone else?
Given that wiper blades wipe on both the out and return strokes, it's hard to imagine how that could be true...

Old 01-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't buy it either... but, then again, I just changed my turn signal fluid and I was a quarter-quart low. *shrugs* Who would've thunk'd it?

Old 02-01-2006, 04:31 PM
I've had the Silblades a couple weeks now. They do a great job of clearing the windshield. If it isn't raining much these suckers do squeek so you have to adjust the intermitent wipers. They still lift at highway speeds. My main concern is how long they will last.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Moderator &

I think you'll be impressed by the longevity but, by my past experiences with them, don't expect them to last through the full term of the guarantee -- my first set went closer to 1.5 years (if memory serves me correctly) but, as soon as I called them and asked for replacements, they sent them (via FedEx mind you) with NO questions asked and didn't want my old set back. Impressive service if you ask me -- that's worth something to me.

RP

Old 02-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I think you'll be impressed by the longevity but, by my past experiences with them, don't expect them to last through the full term of the guarantee -- my first set went closer to 1.5 years (if memory serves me correctly) but, as soon as I called them and asked for replacements, they sent them (via FedEx mind you) with NO questions asked and didn't want my old set back. Impressive service if you ask me -- that's worth something to me.

RP
I don't see how they will stay in business at that rate with a 5 year warranty.

Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by 6T6CPE
I don't see how they will stay in business at that rate with a 5 year warranty.

Most of the time, companies depend on the individual *NOT* utilizing a warranty... It's just like anything else out there that carries some level of a warranty...

Old 02-04-2006, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by MotoF150
you can get new wiper blades at Wal Mart for only $2.38
Yes you can, they're junk, but you can still get them.

Their trained auto service expert told me there is an up and down side to all wiper blades and most people don't know that, he said most people install them upside down and that decreases how effective the wiper blades work.
Correct! The up side is the one that's closer to the roof than the hood and vice-versa. LOL. New blades as well as refills can be put on in either "direction" and will work the exact same way. NOW, after they sit on your windshield for a few months without being used, they will lean over due to the spring pressure from the wiper arm on the last swing the it makes when the wipers are turned off. Normally this will cause a chatter on the up swing, and a smooth sweep on the down, but you can always flip your blade over.
As far as the Silblades go, I've got 20's on mine. I had a 24 and 22 a while back, but never utilized the extra swept area at the top and bottom of the windshield, so I went back to stock size.

SL

Old 02-09-2006, 01:39 PM
ive got the bosch blades on my truck and they work perfectly fine

Old 02-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick

RP
I agree 100% - I will always go with the company that provides that kind of customer service again & again even if it costs more, it will pay off for everyone involved in the long term, to bad its getting hard to find that kind of customer service!

Old 02-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by LittleTow
That's absurd.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers