Interior Plastic Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Plastic Cleaner

Hello,
What can I use to clean the dash, door panels and all other interior items in my 2005 Lariat?? Thanks. Bugman.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
I use Lemon Fresh Pledge furniture cleaner, a light spray onto a slightly damp cloth. Great for tires & exterior black plastics, too, as wel as under the hood. Repels dust. Most people think this is silly...

303 cleaner also works well.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
If you ever get marks on your interior trimwork that seem to be difficult to get out, one thing I've used with great success is a toothbrush dipped in warm water and a small amount of Crest "Extra Whitening" toothpaste.

This product has a slight amount of grit to it that dissolves very quickly when used. It seems to be just aggressive enough to get out stubborn marks, without being so abrasive that it damages the plastic and/or vinyl trim material.

Old 01-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How bad is the grime?

If it's a very light grime, I would recommend simple hot water and a 100% cotton-terry high-pile cloth.

If it's a bit more ground in, there is a suite of products that can be used and be effective in removing the problem areas.

I might follow with an interior detailing spray or 'matte-look' dressing as well.

RP

Old 01-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Re: Interior Plastic Cleaner

Originally posted by Bugman
Hello,
What can I use to clean the dash, door panels and all other interior items in my 2005 Lariat?? Thanks. Bugman.
I've used this stuff for many years. You'd be surprised how much stuff you can clean with this:

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/deta...ption.asp?9204

Old 01-27-2005, 01:52 PM
All the rubbery parts on my FX4 seem to have a tacky feel to them. Is this normal? I need to clean the inside of my truck. Will a towel with hot water remove this feeling?

Old 01-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys,
I was looking for a cleaner or anyway to clean my interior door panels and other interior parts on my truck. I have been getting alot of road salt and mud on my door panels mainly from my three kids and myself. I will try some of the cleaners that were mention. Thanks again. Also, has anyone here tried to clay bar their black truck?? I'm thinking about using the clay bar this spring but, I'm concerned about scratches in the clear finish. Any thoughts??

Trending Topics

Old 01-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Bugman
I'm thinking about using the clay bar this spring but, I'm concerned about scratches in the clear finish. Any thoughts??
I've had mine less than 3 months and have clayed twice. It's not the clay that will scratch it, it's the human using the clay improperly.

RP

Old 01-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did the Pledge thing and it works GREAT. My dash is still dust free, and the Pledge adds just a touch of shine which looks sharp. No greasy, sticky residue like the Armor-All type products either.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Truck of Doom
All the rubbery parts on my FX4 seem to have a tacky feel to them. Is this normal? I need to clean the inside of my truck. Will a towel with hot water remove this feeling?
So you used something like ArmorAll on the steering wheel, huh?

That and other, silicone based "protectants" will do that to the rubber parts. It acctually breaks down the rubber.

I did that once years ago and the only thing that got rid of the tacky feeling was TIME. As I remember it took nearly a month.

Enjoy the feeling while it lasts.

Doug

Quick Reply: Interior Plastic Cleaner