A ‘MUST-TRY’ Product – Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for the information, RockPick!

From your comments it appears as if this isn't the product that will "extend" that slippery feel to the paint that shows up after doing a full detail. The more I think about it, I may just have to go ahead and do the extra coat of Meguiar's #26 in between my normal six month details.

By the way, my "enamel reducer" step essentially takes place of the Dawn wash that is often discussed in this forum. I call it enamel reducer because that is the product that I first used to do this step, although the last few details I have switched to a NAPA Paint Surface Cleaner (Part #6383) instead.

All it does is remove any traces of old wax and other contaminants from the surface of the paint prior to applying my polish and carnuba products. I typically apply it right after I clay bar the vehicle. I personally think it is just faster and easier than doing a Dawn wash. In fact, it's very much like doing a "quick detailing" of an entire vehicle - just wipe it on by hand using a foam pad soaked in the product and then wipe it off with a cotton towel.

Old 02-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not a big fan of a 'DAWN' wash honestly... When you polish to achieve less surficial blemishes, your polish will abrade through any other LSP that may be on top.

For example, if you utilize a product like #9 Swirl Mark Remover 2.0, the abrasion brought by that product will remove any 'wax' that may be sitting on the surface of the paint and thus, effectively remove some of your surficial blemishes.

I guess my stance would be along the lines of "why remove all of your surficial protection..." when there are areas that you may not have to address from a swirl or problem standpoint?

RP

Old 03-02-2005, 02:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockpick,

Poorboys has come out with a Spray & Gloss. Suppose to be like UGE. PAC carries it as well. I love the UPP from 4*. It leaves one slick finish and is incredibly easy to use. Thought I would share these with you. Also, PB has swirl remover 2.5 that works wonders. It is gritty so it removes swirls but the grit breaks down the longer you work it in so it doesn't enduce any marring.

Brian

Old 03-02-2005, 06:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by runnerbl
Rockpick,

Poorboys has come out with a Spray & Gloss. Suppose to be like UGE.

Brian

........ and it works GREAT!

Quick Reply: A ‘MUST-TRY’ Product – Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer