The King Ranch is Swirl-less Again! (56K Warning!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pics RP, good lookin truck. Just got my Porter Cable 7424 and I'm looking for any suggestions on extra pads, bonnets etc. that I will need once winter is over. Part numbers and where to buy would be helpful. How good is the pad that comes with the 7424?

Thanks

02 F150 Super Crew Lariat FX4 White & Silver
5.4 /w Roush Cold Air Intake & K&N filter
3.55 LS
Flowmaster Cat Back
JBA Titanium Cat4ward Headers
Rancho RSX's
Rancho Steering Stablizer
Hellwig Rear Anti Sway Bar
Lightning Tails
Outland Sport Bumper Guard
Hella 550's
Silverstars
Superchips 9100 Micro Tuner c/o Troyer Performance
Underdrive Pullies c/o Troyer Performance

Old 02-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 02SUPRCRUE
Nice pics RP, good lookin truck. Just got my Porter Cable 7424 and I'm looking for any suggestions on extra pads, bonnets etc. that I will need once winter is over.
Hey 02SUPRCRUE...

There are several good brands in the pad market today. My personal preference is Meguiar's. You can purchase them from Premium Auto Care. I would recommend at least two polishing pads (yellow) and two finishing pads (beige). This will enable you to utilize two individual products for polishing and two individual products for a last step product. The pads are reusable and thus, this isn't an expense that you should expect to incur every time you want to use your PC.

Meguiar's W9006 Finishing Pad

Meguiar's W006 Polishing Pad

How good is the pad that comes with the 7424?
Two words... DOG FRISBEE.

RP

Old 02-17-2005, 03:17 PM
RP,

That's the shinyest (sp) doggone black truck I've ever seen. Ive got to try to get my Aspen Green paint like that. Nice work! You need to get an old car to drive on rainy days, so you can keep the truck like new in the garage. I have a Toyota Camry that I drive to work on rainy days and also mainly to keep the miles off the new truck. I plan to keep it for many years.

Scott

Old 02-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Justis01
RP,

That's the shinyest (sp) doggone black truck I've ever seen. Ive got to try to get my Aspen Green paint like that. Nice work! You need to get an old car to drive on rainy days, so you can keep the truck like new in the garage. I have a Toyota Camry that I drive to work on rainy days and also mainly to keep the miles off the new truck. I plan to keep it for many years.

Scott
I've actually priced a daily driver recently.

My job is requiring me to drive more and more and thus, I'm racking up more and more miles...

Along with that comes the rock chips, wear and tear, and other items that you're really not compensated for within that 40 cents per mile rate. Plus, if I drive often enough, the vehicle could, somewhat, pay for itself.

I'm weighing options but, I might have a used Civic or similar soon. Who knows.

RP

Old 02-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RockPick,

Let me guess, the daily driver will be, um, let me see here - black! Ok, maybe some other dark color.

Old 02-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RockPick,

One other thing. You know that Bronco II that's in the next driveway and is a possible project truck? Well, if you look really hard, just a bit further north (in Rochester, NY) sits another nice project truck - Mine! It's in much better shape so you can declare victor much sooner. Think of how much effort you'll save! Heck, I'll even buy the beer too!

Old 02-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Moderator &

We'll have to wait and see how the Bronco II turns out first 2stroked! LOL! I'd hate to try something and it not work and it be your vehicle as a test vehicle. LOL!

Heck no... it'll be WHITE!!!!

RP

Old 03-01-2005, 06:43 PM
I wish I could find the time to spend 9.5 hrs to detail my truck...it surely needs it. It hasnt been washed in more than a month and the inside hasnt been vacuumed in a very, very long time. I'll try to find the time and maybe I can clean the inside tomorrow...starting with some leather conditioning

Joe

Quick Reply: The King Ranch is Swirl-less Again! (56K Warning!)