Spring Truck Detail Questions (Attn. RockPick)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I spoke with Meg's customer service last week. All of the discon'd products (MPPP, MPPC, #16, and #2) are still in stock. Further, I believe that PAC still has some stock as well...

RP

Old 02-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clay

when you are talking about caly what one would you recomned what type and brand. thanks

Old 02-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: clay

Originally posted by kingkdogg
when you are talking about caly what one would you recomned what type and brand. thanks
I think I've used most of the major brands which are discussed on most all of the major detailing message boards.... or at least the ones that are commonly available. From my experiences, none work much better than any of the others.

So, with that in mind, here are a few of the easiest to find...

Clay Magic
Diamondite Clay
Meguiar's QuikClay System
Meguiar's Professional Clay - Mild and Aggressive
Mother's Clay System

They're all great products. Some are easier to find than others and others may be less/more expensive. Honestly, I don't see paying more than $12-$15 for a system (by system, I mean lubricant and claybar in a single box) but, it's not my money that you're spending.

Hope that helps!

RP

Old 02-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Since Meguiar's has changed their clay in their QuikClay system, I find it to be my favorite for a number of reasons..............

The QD that comes with it is a fairly effective, and inexpensive lubricant.

The clay bar that comes with the kit is easy to use, mild, and works quite well if your vehicle is fairly well maintained. Some clay bars can be quite aggressive and need to be used with care.

The spray bottle is GREAT! I love these bottles for QD's and products like Spray & Wipe......... they throw a perfectly fine mist. I wish Meguiar's would sell the bottles separately. So, don't throw the bottles away!

A 50/50 mix of the Meguiar's QD and Spray & Wipe makes a great product to use when drying your vehicle.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:22 PM
RP:

Do you know when the new M #21 is supposed to hit the market?

Quick Reply: Spring Truck Detail Questions (Attn. RockPick)