Anyone see a problem with this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by spuzzly
Since I posted this tread, my wife took it upon herself to rearend a SUV with our 2003 Altama.

Oh yea, Hi! My name is Dave and I have a Detailing problem!

And also, apparently, a wife who likes to put her make-up on in the rear view mirror!

Old 03-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife gives me "THE LOOK " AS WELL, but she is getting used to it, NOW LETS SEE does she want me out with the boys or does she want to look out the window and see me playing with the truck ???

i let her decied !!! when we meat i had a 69 Camaro, which i worked on for years she would come with me to swap meets, car shows etc. she knows in a car guy, they have to accept us for whO we are.

COME ON GUYS DONT LET THE WIFYS TAKE THAT FROM US !!!!

Old 03-24-2005, 01:42 PM
I've done it on several occasions. Hell I've detailed in all weather. Throw in a few beers and that's just a good day !

Old 03-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Not putting on make up in the rear view mirror. She was reaching in the back seat to give my son a kleenex. She turned around and the guy in front of her decided to stop for a school bus! Heck, I could care less about that car as long as my wife and son was OK. Well, gives me an "excuse" to go play in the garage and I got some goodies out of the deal as well!

Old 03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Suspended
HAHA yea I get that look all the time. I washed my truck by hand when it was like 40 degrees out and I had several comments made to me. There is definitely nothing wrong with taking care of such a large investment. I expect my truck to love me so I show it some love back, lol. Hope your wife will understand one day.

Old 03-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Springtime in the South

Just chillin' listening to Fleetwood Mac 'Rumors' CD.

Well guys it's that time again. It's springtime in the South, and we all know that no matter what color your truck is it's always yellow with the pine pollen. By the time you get to the front, the rear of the truck is yellow again. Even the rinse water is yellow.

Not to mention the interior, it's covered in the finest of yellow dust.

Maybe no one will notice my maroon/yellow truck because their eyes are too red, with all the itching and scratching because of the pollen.

Thank goodness it only lasts a few weeks.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Re: Springtime in the South

Originally posted by Maroon'd
Just chillin' listening to Fleetwood Mac 'Rumors' CD.

Well guys it's that time again. It's springtime in the South, and we all know that no matter what color your truck is it's always yellow with the pine pollen. By the time you get to the front, the rear of the truck is yellow again. Even the rinse water is yellow.

Not to mention the interior, it's covered in the finest of yellow dust.

Maybe no one will notice my maroon/yellow truck because their eyes are too red, with all the itching and scratching because of the pollen.

Thank goodness it only lasts a few weeks.
Its always something..... Snow, rain, pollen, tree sap.... its a constant battle. Well, I suppose if everything were easy, we would only need women and children in the world.....

oh yeah- excellent choice of music! hummmmm Stevie Nicks...................

Old 03-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Is it bad if I go out to detail my truck, and I find my fiance already out there detailing her mustang?

Old 03-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by bryanfeelsgood
Is it bad if I go out to detail my truck, and I find my fiance already out there detailing her mustang?
LOL!

Old 03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
LOL I have washed my truck when its been so cold it ices up when i rinse the suds off, and the mitt starts to harden and freeze, then i pull it in the garage putt on the bar-b -que grill to warm it up and dry it as best I can, I hope one day they make something thats works better than salting the rodas so heavily

Old 03-28-2005, 09:19 PM
LOL! She is a keeper! Iwouldn't let her get away. Now if only if she would detail your truck for you.....

Old 03-29-2005, 01:30 PM
you're lucky the garage at my house has a chevy blaizer and an audi in it. Then we have my mustang on the extension drive, my truck on the hill by the garage, my brothers Mazda Navajo (booooo bad imoprt!) and my dad's work truck and van in the extension as well. (GMC sierra 2500 and a GM astro)

See, not everyone has it all! Consider yourself lucky your not in my pradicament! lol but yea I undeastand your love for the truck. I washed mine twce this week already. Once an sunday and once yesterday. Sunay was the regular suds,sponge,and hose. Yesterday was the Mr. Clean treatment, wax, polish, buff, "black Magic", armorall, and taing up the broken rear right light cover.

Quick Reply: Anyone see a problem with this?