Anyone see a problem with this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone see a problem with this?

Hello all,

Here in tropical Pittsburgh, we are expecting 1-3 inches of snow followed by rain today. I took the opportunity to wash my truck before the snow started flying. (I have a garage). As I finished drying my truck the snow started. I proceeded to pull the truck in the garage and clay my truck. My wife came down saw the snow and questioned me why I was doing this. I told her that she just wouldn't understand. Shaking her head she left the garage and left me to wax the truck. I know my wife thinks I am nuts. Does anyone else see a problem with me washing and waxing my truck before a snow storm? I would think the people here would understand my obsession.

Dave

PS

I have three cars and the truck stays parked in garage in bad weather.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:06 PM
I understand completely!

Old 02-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Hi Dave,

I don't see a problem with that, although I can picture the look your wife gave you because mine has done the same thing on several occasions. My truck doesn't fit in our garage, so I resigned myself to cleaning the interior of my truck (didn't really need it) and my wife's Windstar (needed it bad!) today.

I can't wait for Spring. This week I need to do an inventory of my detailing supplies so I can make a list of things I "need" to order (shhh - don't tell my wife...).

Old 02-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We're going to have to start a 'Detailers Anonymous' chapter for f150online.com.

Hello, I'm Rockpick. I'm a compulsive detailer.

RP

Old 02-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi JohnAndDar,

Yea I got the “look”. If you ever saw the episode of Tool Time when Tim and the guys were getting the look from the wives, well that’s what I got. My truck has been neglected, in my opinion, for the past 6 months. New job, house and a 2 yr old. This garage actually is large enough for my truck. That’s a first. I’ll post pics when my truck is “finished” and the weather is good enough for me to pull it outside.

Dave

Old 03-19-2005, 08:08 PM
It's just like preparing for battle.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Hi, I'm Chris and I'm a compulsive detailer too

- Chris

Old 03-19-2005, 11:54 PM
I PASS the first step...denial

I too am a compulsive detailer...lol

-slippy

Old 03-20-2005, 03:27 AM
Hey, no fair!! Not all of us give our guys the look y'all are talking about!! I, for one, understand completely, and have myself washed a rig in...weather so cold the rinse water froze on the shady side of the truck...the rain...nice day even though the roads were wet and yucky from a recent snow storm...or a nice day when there is no doubt it will rain and/or snow the following day and you plan to be out driving in it. I admit to probably not being quite as compulsive as some of you but I've never given my hubby the look when he's out washing his truck in the rain!!

Old 03-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by wild-mtn-rose
I admit to probably not being quite as compulsive as some of you but I've never given my hubby the look when he's out washing his truck in the rain!!
You, though, are an exception... My wife doesn't understand it. LOL!

Old 03-20-2005, 02:53 PM
My wife TRIES to give me big bawlz about detailing my truck until I remind her who takes care of her ride!

Old 03-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Last weekend I was washing the vehicles............. it was 35 degrees and snowing. My wife took it in stride............. never said a word or made a comment.

I'm really starting to worry about her!

Old 03-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I have actually been caught washing our vehicles IN the rain -- I just work away as I normally would, and then pull them inside the garage to dry them off!

When I was dating my wife she drove this old POS Hyundai. I always thought it had a gray interior, until one day I decided to vacuum the interior. I pulled the floor mats back and immediately realized (to my horror) that her car actually had a blue interior -- it's just that the carpet was so dirty it looked medium gray!

This is an absolutely true story -- I am convinced that when I pulled her floormats back that day, it was the first time they had ever been moved since the car was new! There was a "dirt line" around the mats that looked like the tan line on a red-head after 3 hours in the sun!

Of course, this was the same vehicle I pulled the dipstick on only to find there wasn't a trace of oil to be found anywhere along its length!

Needless to say, my wife and I have differing opinions on vehicle maintenance!

Old 03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
My wife doesn't seem to have a problem as long as I'm including her car in the lineup!

A funny thing...I told her I had gotten a new product from Meg's (#21) and I was going to try it out on her car. She rolled her eyes, but was in excitement that her car was going to look better. This excitement came from her in a hospital bed! LOL Ya just gotta play your cards right!

Old 03-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Since I posted this tread, my wife took it upon herself to rearend a SUV with our 2003 Altama. Talk about a headache. I was forced to drive my “baby” in good old ‘Burgh weather. Snow, freezing rain, rain and temps in the 20’s. So it’s back to square one with the detailing! The only good things that came from the accident was 1) no damage to the SUV (Only 2K to the front end of the Altama) and 2) I convinced her to let me get some JBA headers and a chip for my truck for my pain and suffering! Back to washing/detailing in the snow rain! And yes, she still thinks I am nuts!

Oh yea, Hi! My name is Dave and I have a Detailing problem!

Quick Reply: Anyone see a problem with this?