Thank you chuckle-heads for the waxing wheels advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you chuckle-heads for the waxing wheels advice!!

I pulled the wheels and tires off my truck today to do this and now have something else to add to my cleaning routine! It took me about 20 mintues per wheel, so it will get done only when I do a complete detail job. The rest of the time I'm hoping the Kleen wheels and the waxing will keep them look fairly nice. Now the pics!

Waxed with NXT after a good scrub

Used some High Edurance on the tires

And Voila clean wheel and tire

Last edited by GBTexas; 03-01-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Put the kleen wheel back in and then used a torgue wrench to put them back on the truck

There they are on the truck

And after looking at this pic I think it is a must that I get bigger tires!!!!!

Old 03-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You took them off the truck?

Oh well, looks good. The coat of wax will make it a lot easier to keep those narrow slots on those rims clean.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
You took them off the truck?
Yep... I believe he did.

Mine come off about 3 times per year for the same type of treatment.

I've said it once, I'll say it again... detailing is a disease.

RP

Old 03-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Yep... I believe he did.

Mine come off about 3 times per year for the same type of treatment.

RP

That's the truth! It's a disease I'm not in any hurry to find the cure for.

GBTexas, the wheels look great. I did the same thing last weekend.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Sick bastards! Ooh I wanna try it!

Old 03-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh my God -- how am I ever going to sleep knowing that there might be dirt behind my wheels?!

Trending Topics

Old 03-02-2005, 10:10 AM
I need to move south. I would need to do that 10 times a year just to keep my tires clean in this climate....

Ron

Old 03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I have the Endurance tire shineola. Good stuff, smells like grape jelly though

PALongbow,

Get an old beater car and put the new truck in the garage on those rainy/snowy days!

Scott

Old 03-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Scott,

It doesn't matter where you put a vehicle in this area....It's going to get dirty.

Ron

Old 03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by ddellwo
Oh my God -- how am I ever going to sleep knowing that there might be dirt behind my wheels?!
LOL...

Is he making fun of us?

RP

Old 03-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My neighbors have set up lawn chairs in their driveway to stare at me in amazement while I remove all the wheels and wax them on the "INSIDE" surface too. Not only on my trucks, but on my wifes Jag as well. My 12 year old daughter loves to help me because she gets to use the air impact to remove the lug nuts.
I'll never forget one day when she was about 9 or 10 and I had my Lightning setting at an angle in the garage rotating the tires and waxing the wheels. A man who had driven by and seen my Lightning several times stopped and walked up my drive to the garage and asked if I would mind if he looked at it as he had never really seen one up close. I offered to explain anything he wanted to know about it and as we started walking around the bed to the rear of the truck my daughter came around the back and sat down on a five gallon bucket that she turned upside down, pulled the air hose and impact around and commenced to remove the lug nuts off the right rear wheel with the impact. The man stopped, looked at my daughter and asked" What is she doing?" to which she explained, " I am rotating and cleaning the wheels on this truck, don't you do yours?".
The look on this mans face was PRICELESS. At this he slowly walked down my driveway, got on his motorcycle and rode away.
We see this man occasionally at a local cruise-in and when he sees me and my daughter who is usually with me, he will point at me and whisper to whoever he is with....

Old 05-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
My neighbors have set up lawn chairs in their driveway to stare at me in amazement while I remove all the wheels and wax them on the "INSIDE" surface too. Not only on my trucks, but on my wifes Jag as well. My 12 year old daughter loves to help me because she gets to use the air impact to remove the lug nuts.
I'll never forget one day when she was about 9 or 10 and I had my Lightning setting at an angle in the garage rotating the tires and waxing the wheels. A man who had driven by and seen my Lightning several times stopped and walked up my drive to the garage and asked if I would mind if he looked at it as he had never really seen one up close. I offered to explain anything he wanted to know about it and as we started walking around the bed to the rear of the truck my daughter came around the back and sat down on a five gallon bucket that she turned upside down, pulled the air hose and impact around and commenced to remove the lug nuts off the right rear wheel with the impact. The man stopped, looked at my daughter and asked" What is she doing?" to which she explained, " I am rotating and cleaning the wheels on this truck, don't you do yours?".
The look on this mans face was PRICELESS. At this he slowly walked down my driveway, got on his motorcycle and rode away.
We see this man occasionally at a local cruise-in and when he sees me and my daughter who is usually with me, he will point at me and whisper to whoever he is with....
hahahahha!!

Old 05-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Suspended
I wax the insides every time I rotate the wheels. I wax the wheels about every other month.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:13 PM
i i give my wheels a good wax every time i wax the truck and just use stoners window cleaner on regular washes. but the openings on my wheels are big enough to get the entire inside with the wheel on the truck

besides i dont rotate due to different size tires on the front so no reason to remove them

Quick Reply: Thank you chuckle-heads for the waxing wheels advice!!