Meguiar's Testimonial

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Meguiar's Testimonial

Recently (last Thursday) I took my truck to the Dealership to have them take care of the Butyl Pad recall.

The next day I noticed this....

another angle...

Saturday evening, I finally had time to clay bar and wash my truck (I use the Meguiar's car wash shampoo and Meguiar's Quick Clay). The wash, only took most of the white residue off, but didn't do anything to the dark sticky stuff. The clay was successful at making my paint smooth as Glass, but didn't do anything to the gunk either.

Having consulted the gang here at VW, I was prepared to take my truck in tomorrow (Monday) to give them an ear full and hopefully get this stuff of my truck without any damage to the paint.

Today I decided it was time to finally clean and wax the paint on my truck. Using Meguiar's 3-Step Kit I proceeded to apply the first step, which was the cleaner. I had planned on doing everything except the gunky spots and then come back later after the dealership was done with it and finish that area.

After doing the wax on , wax off motion for about 15 minutes...I had kind of forgotten about the gunky crap and accidentally swiped over it with my applicator pad. To my completely shock and surprise it came right off with absolutely no effort at all. I couldn't believe it. It can't even tell there was ever anything there at all.

I don't know If I am more happy that my paint is ok, or the fact that I don't have to leave my truck in the incompetent hands of my dealership.

Just thought I would post this prop for Meguiar's!!!

As soon as I can, I will post a pic of the "gunk area" after the 3-Step process.

Last edited by kbldawg; 03-07-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience Dawg...

There are a lot of great products out there on the market from multiple vendors/brands. Meguiar's certainly has a pretty solid product...

RP

Old 03-08-2005, 03:21 PM
tsc
I'm another convert to Meguiar's (Thank's to RockPick)

Old 03-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Convert here too . Sorry I don't have any pics yet, but its amazing how well Meguiar's works. Thanks RP.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Moderator &

Looks good tsc!

Keep in mind though, there are OODLES of GREAT products out there on the market from multiples of vendors. Meg's is just one of many. I've used them for several years and, for me, most all of their products yield an end result for me that exceeds my expectations (and trust me, I have high expectations with a black truck and a knack for paint). Meguiar's is just one brand (the main one) of a select few that are represented in my repertoire.

RP

Old 03-09-2005, 11:05 PM
RP is the car care God!!

I use to serve in the Military with a guy that was a fanatic about his truck being clean. We use to give him a hard time because he had a Tool Box (Chest Style) in the back of his truck, full of cleaners, and crap for his truck.

He aint got nothin on "The Pick"!!! haha

I can tell you one product that sucks big ole horse *****!!! That is.....Ford Touch-Up paint.

You may remember a while back I mentioned something about I was going to fix some paint chips on my truck....? Well, I bought that crap and now I have two black dots on my Dark Shadow Gray paint.

I found some more chips the other day on my front bumper, I think I will try the cheap stuff at Autozone. It can't possibly be worse than FoMoCo's. If it goes well, I may redo those other spots.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:25 AM
tsc
Mother's has a touch up kit. You add the touch up kit and the touch up paint and it is suppose to blend it in, without the touch up "spot"

Old 03-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by tsc
Mother's has a touch up kit. You add the touch up kit and the touch up paint and it is suppose to blend it in, without the touch up "spot"
I have this kit but haven't tried it *yet*.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:03 PM
sounds like the way to go, thanks for the tip!

Old 05-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by TruBluSuperCrew
Convert here too . Sorry I don't have any pics yet, but its amazing how well Meguiar's works. Thanks RP.
Hate to throw a turd in the lemonade but I just tried Meguire's Gold on my 2004 black FX4....was a bear to get off and it still left swirl marks...overall opinion is I hated it.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by BristolF150
Hate to throw a turd in the lemonade but I just tried Meguire's Gold on my 2004 black FX4....was a bear to get off and it still left swirl marks...overall opinion is I hated it.
While I cannot argue that it may have been a beast to remove (others have reported this as well but, many post raves), I can attest that GC wax, in and of itself, will introduce swirls.

You see, swirls are microscopic scratches in the paint. More than likely, your swirls were caused by excessive wiping to remove the product from your paint. Further, odds are that it may have been a monster to remove because it was applied too thick.

Sorry you didn't like it Bristol. There are a lot of great products out there and I'd encourage you to 'play the field' and find a product that you like. Meguiar's makes several other waxes and a great line of polishes. Further, Poorboys, 4-Star, Mother's, and a host of other brands are available. As is true with nearly all products out there, I'd encourage an individual to try several and use one that they like several times a year.

Also, it's important to note that Meguiar's does have a customer service line that is clearly printed out on your container of Gold Class. They offer a 100% guarantee on all of their products. Further, it's unconditional. Give them a call and give them a chance to make it right with you.

Best of luck and, again, give some other products a try. There are oodles of excellent products on the market!

RP

Old 05-11-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm glad you're happy about Meg's! I was GREATLY moved when I discovered what #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish can do on chrome side mouldings!!

Before:

After:

*insert whistle here*

Old 05-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Moderator &

Holy cow batman!! There's a testamonial if I've ever seen one!

Nice work!!!

RP

Old 05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
WOW!!! Great Job FordLariat!!

Old 05-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BristolF150
You can't expect a wax to remove swirls. That's what cleaners are for. Better luck next time...

-slippy

Quick Reply: Meguiar's Testimonial