How to keep kitty off my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Mom puts mothballs in the bushes in fron of her house to keep cats away. She says it works.

Not sure how you'd set up a mothball-perimeter around your truck, though...

Old 03-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Reminds me when I was in the Navy and stationed in Long Beach. I had a 79 Camaro Z28, built motor and a $3,000 custom paint job. Anyway, I lived in Navy housing and had a neighbor that was a complete moron.

The guys wife owed 4 flucking cats and let them outside at night. Needless to say the little basturds would walk all over my car and have cat foot prints on my hood and roof.

I don’t think so sweetheart, I go over and politely ask if she could keep her cats inside and explained the problem I was having. She explains to me that cats are wild animals and it would be cruel to keep them in the house.

Forward one week. I wake up, go outside to drive to work and there are scratches on my hood from what other then FLUCKING cats…

Have a nice little talk to her and her stupid drunk husband and again, politely, ask to take care of the cat situation. No go, so I reiterate there is a problem and if it is not taken care of the cats will be “hunted” (hey she’s the dumb blond that said they are wild animals)

Get home from work that day and the wife and I go to do some shopping in her car. Get home and there is all 4 of her stupid flucking cats laying done on the hood of my car. Well, it was hunting time now baby. Go inside and grab our little cage thing we used for our dog and round up the little kitties with some treats. I got 3 of them but the forth escaped, little basturd…

Took the three I did catch and took them over to, well lets say the bad part of Long Beach, and let them loose. Hey, I didn’t harm the little basturds, but did take them about 45 miles away from my car. When I got home I was able to get the other one about an hour later. Took it and dropped it off with its buddies…

Few days later the stupid dumb biatch comes knocking on my door asking if I seen her stupid cats, NOPE…..

The only good cat is a dead cat or badly misplaced cat...

Old 03-10-2005, 09:05 PM
To bad you live so far away. I install cats and kitties as speedbumps...

Old 03-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I had this same problem. Damn cats would walk on my hood at night and since the hood was nice and slippery they would dig their claws in and scratch the crap out of it. Nobody claimed ownership so I had nobody to pound senseless. What I did was to get a light motion sensor from Home Depot and hook it up to a work light which I clipped to the roof above the car. When the cat went to jump on the hood the light came on and scared the cat. After about a week, never had a problem. There is also an electronic repeller sold by professional exterminating supply houses that my exterminator says works. Very expensive, though.

For barking dogs, there is a product called "Bark Free" that I used on my neighbor's dog. Worked great. Got it on E-Bay.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by straps
I had this same problem. Damn cats would walk on my hood at night and since the hood was nice and slippery they would dig their claws in and scratch the crap out of it. Nobody claimed ownership so I had nobody to pound senseless. What I did was to get a light motion sensor from Home Depot and hook it up to a work light which I clipped to the roof above the car. When the cat went to jump on the hood the light came on and scared the cat. After about a week, never had a problem. There is also an electronic repeller sold by professional exterminating supply houses that my exterminator says works. Very expensive, though.

For barking dogs, there is a product called "Bark Free" that I used on my neighbor's dog. Worked great. Got it on E-Bay.

I like your idea of using the motion sensor and light. I never would have thought of "Blinding" a feline! I think I'm going to try it out, especially since I have most of the parts laying around my shed.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Pellet Gun!

Fun, quiet and functional!

Old 03-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Here's the new Super Dopper Tabby tote by cat carrier no leash needed and can be used as a portable back scratcher too just hold upright and spray water into the face of the cat and them for paws just go crazy.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by tracker366; 03-11-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracker366
[B]Here's the new Super Dopper Tabby tote by cat carrier no leash needed and can be used as a portable back scratcher too just hold upright and spray water into the face of the cat and them for paws just go crazy.

Brilliant!!!! Why didn't I think of that ???? Fun AND functional.

Old 03-12-2005, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracker366
[B]Here's the new Super Dopper Tabby tote by cat carrier no leash needed and can be used as a portable back scratcher too just hold upright and spray water into the face of the cat and them for paws just go crazy.

Brilliant!!!! Why didn't I think of that ???? Fun AND functional.

Old 03-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Dad's Hoss
Pellet Gun!

Fun, quiet and functional!
DENTS AND SCRATCHES....OUCH !!!

Old 03-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by beer_logic
I like your idea of using the motion sensor and light. I never would have thought of "Blinding" a feline! I think I'm going to try it out, especially since I have most of the parts laying around my shed.

I found that if you mount the sensor near the truck so that it signals before the cat jumps, and mount the light farther away from the sensor, it has better effect. I guess the cat thinks that someone is sneaking up on it.

Some other things that I tried:
Spray the hood with Pam. Cat slid right off.(not for new vehicles)
Shooting the cat with a foam pellet gun.
I adapted one of those mats that make noise when you step on them (like you find around Halloween). Cat wasn't heavy enough.

(Good thing that I wasn't at Abu Graib prision.I'da fixed em)

Old 03-15-2005, 10:27 PM
always gotta be some cat haters in every crowd. what's up with that? is this taking out some frustrations from other sectors of one's life?

"real men hate cats"...is that it?

Old 03-16-2005, 10:23 AM
I found this worked to train my cat to stay off the kitchen counter. Take some strips of packing tape - the really sticky clear stuff about 2 inches wide - and carefully lay it sticky sticky side up on your truck. Cats REALLY hate it!!!!

Funny to find it all wadded up with a handful of fur stuck to it.

Old 03-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by motometal
always gotta be some cat haters in every crowd. what's up with that? is this taking out some frustrations from other sectors of one's life?

I have a cat, love her to death but if she gets onto my hood shes gonna find out what a bb feels like real quick.

Of course at long range so it won't hurt her too badly, just teaching a lesson. You know what really drives me nuts about cats though is how they tear up your carpet and all your appulstry, thousands of dollars down the drain so they can scratch something.

- Chris

Old 03-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by motometal

I don't particularly hate cats but I wouldn't have one. That's my right. I have 92 Camaro convertible which is my pride and joy. Probably like that car as much as you like your cat.Paint and top were PERFECT original condition. It now has a series of claw marks across the top where kitty decided to exercise her claws. The hood now has little claw marks across it. I recently found paw prints on the roof of my wife's Monte Carlo SS and on the hood of my Blackwood. Any cat lovers that would like to contribute to the repairs on my vehicles which were LEGALLY PARKED ON MY PROPERTY ,please respond and I will send you a bill. Otherwise, take responsibility for your animals and the damage that they do. Letting them out to roam freely isn't fair to them OR your neighbors. My only alternative to scaring them away is to use the traps supplied by Animal Control to catch them and turn them in. This is such a big problem in our area that they are destroyed if not claimed within 48 hrs. According to the city, they are rarely claimed. How 'bout it Motometal, you pick.

Quick Reply: How to keep kitty off my truck?