How to keep kitty off my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Permanent fix. Inject a hot dog with radiator fluid, and leave it on your truck. Ok just joking.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by motometal
always gotta be some cat haters in every crowd. what's up with that? is this taking out some frustrations from other sectors of one's life?

"real men hate cats"...is that it?
I hate anything that leaves dirty footprints on my truck...and cats

Old 03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
actually straps, I wasn't refurring to your post, but thanks anyway.

I agree that irresponsible owners and stray cats are annoying.

Guys who think they have to categorically hate all cats to be macho are annoying as well.

If you do catch a cat on your vehicle, resist the temptation to make any noise or approach. I made this mistake once with my Mustang Cobra...the scratches were too deep to buff out!

My friend still has that cat. I was pissed at the time, but got over it. Life's too short to worry that much about scratches in the shiny metal box that I use to go from "A" to "B".

Old 03-16-2005, 10:05 PM
You know, we have cats. Four of them. (don't ask) They are housecats and never go outside. They are happy, healthful, and well fed. There are cats in our neighborhood that roam all the time. Yes, I have found paw prints on my truck and my wife's truck. They do not have to be outside. I would not ever let our cats outside because in my opinion, they would be gone or eaten by coyotes. If people have cats, they should keep them inside. The reason they don't is because they do not want to care for them. They don't want to clean the litter box or maybe even feed them. Domestic cats are NOT wild animals and you can blame the cats owners for not taking proper care of their so-called pets. Even though I have cats and one of them is my pride and joy, if I catch a cat on my truck and I grab it, I will drop kick it to the other side of the street.

I've had dogs all my life, but the way my yard and gate is right now, I don't want to be hearing the wife yell about her vegetables all dug up or go trying to find fido because the gate wasn't good enough to hold him in. Besides, with the gardeners we have, they wouldn't be able to take care of the back yard.

As far as the mothball trick, stuff a sock full of them and tie it off, then place them in some appropriate locations. See if that works.

Last edited by Reloader; 03-16-2005 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Nothing wrong with hating cats…

Here is the thing, cats belong INDOORS and not outside roaming around. If one needs to put their cat outside then put it on a leash and tie it up so it stays in the owner’s yard. This way it won’t get on peoples vehicles or crap in their yards. Cat’s should NEVER be allowed to roam around outside freely, they are pets not wild animals.

Those that do roam around freely in the neighborhood will be dealt with accordingly…

If the owner is known they get ONE and only ONE warning. After that so sad, too bad…

Even many, if not all, states think cats are worthless. You have to report to the police when you hit a dog but when you hit a cat you don’t need to report it, like hitting a rodent or something…

A dog is a mans best friend and a diamond is a woman’s best friend, the cat, well it’s on its own…

Old 03-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Reloader
if I catch a cat on my truck and I grab it, I will drop kick it to the other side of the street.
Oh, hell yes...

Old 03-20-2005, 07:51 PM
I had the same problem with my own cat getting up on my old truck and I tried alot of things. Being in the pest control business I had access to alot of stuff. The only thing that worked and I only did it once was, that I placed several rat glueboards on the hood of my truck and the next morning, I had my cat stuck on the glueboards. I used mineral oil on the cat's feet and the cat came right off. That was the last time that my cat ever got up on my truck and yes, he is still alive and well!!

Old 03-20-2005, 11:01 PM
see, there we go...I knew there were more cat haters out there to come out of the woodwork...

maybe it's sort of an ego thing...or a power trip for some folks??

cats tend to be more independent, while dogs are more obedient. This is frustrating to some folks that are used to having their way all the time. Personally, I can respect an animal that is smart and has a mind of it's own.

If you get the right cat, it will be your best buddy. And if you get the wrong dog (evidently all my neighbors are in this category), it will bark constantly, poop in the house, smell bad because it can't clean itself, etc.

Really when it comes down to it, I like most animals. Many times what appears to be a "bad" pet is really just a bad owner.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Cats learn very fast too!!

Old 03-21-2005, 08:04 AM
LMAO...

Old 03-21-2005, 08:14 AM
maybe it's sort of an ego thing...or a power trip for some folks??
You’re hung up on this, aren’t you?

It has nothing to do with ego or power trip, it’s simply reality. Are you with PETE or something? Many people, like me, simply do not like wild animals roaming around on our property or personal belongings.

It’s like any other pest problem, I have mouse traps to kill (good old fashion kind that snap their little necks) field mice that may get into my garage because mice can do a lot of damage to a vehicle. I don’t necessarily kill cats but I will take them to a pound to be dealt with. Now the pound may find them a home or they may put the little kitty to sleep. Don’t matter to me but if I see the same “stupid” cat again it won’t be going to a pound but dumped off a very long distance from my area.

The other thing I NEVER do is slam on my brakes for small animals, like rodents, cats etc. I will slam my brakes for dogs and skunks…

If you’re a responsible cat owner you keep your cat’s indoors where they belong, otherwise you would be considered an irresponsible and inconsiderate person and your kitty is on its own in the wild…

Old 03-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Man, you guys must be a bunch of city boys!

Cats are the most safe and effective form of rat/mouse control there is. Almost everybody in this part of the country with a barn where hay and feed are stored has a couple of barn cats. I would rather have a cat on my truck now and then than a bunch of mice roaming around.

Old 03-22-2005, 06:28 AM
GLOCK

Quick Reply: How to keep kitty off my truck?