Meguiar's #21 Professional Synthetic Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Meguiar's #21 Professional Synthetic Sealant

I received a sample of Meguiar's new #21 Synthetic Sealant today via UPS.

I plan on giving it a whirl here in a few days/weeks and I'll report back.

Boss, have you tried this stuff yet? I've heard several things about it (including things I think I'm not supposed to have heard) and, thusfar, everything is positive...

RP

Old 03-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Meguiar's #21 Professional Synthetic Sealant

Originally posted by RockPick
I received a sample of Meguiar's new #21 Synthetic Sealant today via UPS.

I plan on giving it a whirl here in a few days/weeks and I'll report back.

Boss, have you tried this stuff yet? I've heard several things about it (including things I think I'm not supposed to have heard) and, thusfar, everything is positive...

RP
RP,

Nope............... I've been waiting for you to try it! My understanding was that it was similar to NXT, but that NXT had more protection. Sounds like you have heard something "interesting". Keep me posted!

Old 03-17-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm curious about the #21 also.

I can't wait for the review, RP. Good luck.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by valley818
I'm curious about the #21 also.

I can't wait for the review, RP. Good luck.
So far the review is:

--It's purple colored and smells similar to #26

Stay tuned... it may be a little while before I get to this stuff. I have put two coats of #16 on the truck within the past month and, if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right with a full polish from the base up...

Old 03-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boss and RockPick,

You mean the "average guy stuff" (NXT) has more protection that the "professional stuff?" Geez, I love NXT in the summer, but it's about all done in 3 weeks. I guess I'll retain my "non-professional" status.

Old 03-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 2stroked
Boss and RockPick,

You mean the "average guy stuff" (NXT) has more protection that the "professional stuff?" Geez, I love NXT in the summer, but it's about all done in 3 weeks. I guess I'll retain my "non-professional" status.
Not sure how anyone can draw that conclusion just yet considering that the stuff has only been out a few weeks...

Opinions are like kneecaps (among other things), everyone has them...

I've read opinions that people HATE #16 Professional Paste Wax. For me, it's one of my absolute favorites. Same thing goes for NXT, Wolfgang, Poorboy's, Four Star, etc... etc... etc...

There are a very very small handful of folks that post on the major detailing sites that I really trust and take heed when they mention a product... VERY few.

We'll see how it goes...

Old 03-17-2005, 07:38 PM
I have a bottle I'm waiting to test out as well on my wife's black Civic. She's been in the hospital the last week, so I haven't had much time to mess with the stuff.

I hope the purple color is able to leave a more visibal haze when it is dried on the vehicle. Especially since my truck is silver. NXT is so light colored it's hard to see on my truck when it's dry.

-slippy

Old 03-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, I took the test today...

I have before and after pics, but not sure I should post since they are of a Honda Civic. If you guys would like to see, then I will post.

I started this detail with a nice wash using NXT Car Wash. I followed up drying with MF Weave Towels and examined the car to decide which cleaner and polish to use.

The car has very heavy swirls and badly needed something to help it. I chose to use Meg's #83 with my PC set on 4. I gave the whole car a nice coat and removed with MF towels. This product was very hard to remove and left a lot of dried "dust" residue. I then had to wipe down the car with a damp MF towels to pick up the dust.

Once the car was completely dry again, I broke out the #21. I set the PC at 3.5 and worked the product slowly. It went on as smooth as butter and the PC just glided very easily. The only drawback was that it was hard for me to see how much I had on the car. Since the car was black, I don't think it would have been any easier to see on my silver truck. I have a similar gripe with the NXT. I allowed the product to dry for about 20 min. in 65F weather, breezy. I then used a Viper MF bonnet to remove the wax with my PC set a 5. This product removes great! Just like NXT. After working very hard to remove the #83, I really appreciated how easy it was to remove the #21. If only ALL Meg's product's were this easy, I'd be in heaven!

As a personal opinion, #21 seemed to have given a bit more shine(brightness) than the NXT Tech Wax. I will still need to apply an additional coat tomorrow.

After removing all the product with the MF bonnet and PC, I followed up with a complete wipe-down using the Ultimate Wipe.

I highly recommend it and will probably buy some as soon as I run out of my NXT Tech Wax.

Last edited by slippysmit; 03-21-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Moderator &

Nice review. I look forward to hearing about longevity.

RP

Last edited by Rockpick; 03-22-2005 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's #21 Professional Synthetic Sealant