Michelin Wheel & Tire Care

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your using the wifes car as the test vehicle?

I have not seen any breakdust emerge on my wheels as of yet. My theory on it all is it's just some form of spray wax, but that's just a theory.

- Chris

Old 03-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by FordTruckMan82
Your using the wifes car as the test vehicle?

I have not seen any breakdust emerge on my wheels as of yet. My theory on it all is it's just some form of spray wax, but that's just a theory.

- Chris
Heck yeah. Her vehicle is always the test vehicle! Ask Chippy (Boss), he does the same thing! LOL! Chippy

I'm going to pick up a bottle today. It's a great concept for a product but, I'm still slightly concerned about the propellant for this aresol product on my wheels. In short, it's a VOC and it would have the potential, in my opinion, to remove wax.

I'll post my application back later... I think I'm going to coat with NXT or #21 and then apply this stuff over the top. Maybe it'll stick, maybe not. We'll see.

RP

Old 03-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm not allowed to touch my girlfriends car. She says that it needs to stay messy

- Chris

Old 03-26-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm not allowed to touch my girlfriends car. She says that it needs to stay messy

- Chris
My wife said I'm not allowed to touch my girlfriends car either!

Seriously, I'm going to be looking into the Meguiar's Wheel Brightener from their Detailer Series. I've heard, and seen some great results! At around $16 a gallon with up to a 4 to 1 dilution ratio, it sounds like a great deal too.

Currently my "fav" wheel cleaner is PB's Spray & Rinse. However, my "favs" change fairly quickly!

Boss_429
AKA "Chippy"

Old 03-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Interesting, I'll have to check that stuff out. My personal favorite wheel cleaner is Westley's Bleach White, I have not found anything that beats it when cleaning a dirty/greasy tire.

- Chris

Old 03-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Interesting, I'll have to check that stuff out. My personal favorite wheel cleaner is Westley's Bleach White, I have not found anything that beats it when cleaning a dirty/greasy tire.

- Chris
Oh man........... don't use the Westley's on wheels....... PLEASE. If you must, use it on the tires with a lot of care. I saw a beautiful Cragar Mag get ruined from Westley's a few years back.

Be careful with that stuff. Also, wear protective glasses if you are using it (and most spray products) on a breezy/windy day.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Moderator &

- Chris
I second Boss's motion... I hope you meant TIRE and not WHEEL...

Don't use Westley's on wheels... that's a definite no-no!

RP

Old 03-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah I meant tire, sorry about that. I do my best to keep it off of the actual wheel. I have not found anything that keeps the white lettering on a tire as white as new, any recommendations?

- Chris

Old 03-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Moderator &

Yeah... Citri-Gel but, it can't be found any longer (except for my garage X 2 gallons) .

I like Simple Green as well diluted 1:1.

RP

Old 03-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Update

Alright guys, about a week and a half ago I put on the break dust repellent onto my rims. Well I just got out of my truck and ran my finger right along the rim and found a good deal of break dust begening to build up.

In the past I have more success just waxing my rims with NXT so this would not be a product that I would pick up and keep stocked on a regular basis. I may give them one last coat and try it again, see how long it lasts this time around.

- Chris

Old 03-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Moderator &

But, you got a week out of it? To me, that's worth it by itself. I detail my wheels DAILY because of dust.

RP

Old 03-30-2005, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't say that I got a week out of it, probably more like a few days. My wheels are painted gray so break dust doesn't show as much on mine.

- Chris

Old 03-31-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
I detail my wheels DAILY because of dust.

RP
Same here. We shouldn't have to wipe the dust off every day. My dealership told me if I would keep the truck clean, but let the brake dust build up to show excessive dust, they would replace the pads. I just can't let them get that dirty. I'm still considering buying a bottle of the Michelin Brake Dust Repellent, but I think a coat of NXT does just as good.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Moderator &

I wouldn't say that I got a week out of it, probably more like a few days. My wheels are painted gray so break dust doesn't show as much on mine.

- Chris
Ahh, I see. Bummer.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:27 PM
One of the things that I am curious about though is how this stuff is effected by rain. We've had on and off rain over the past two weeks so I was thinking maybe it caused the the stuff to come off. Who knows, but what good would it be if it could not withstand the elements.

- Chris

Quick Reply: Michelin Wheel & Tire Care