Wax To Use???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 05:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wax To Use???

I bought the Lariat last July and put 3 coats of NuFinish on it over a months time. Well it's about gone now and the weather is getting decent enough to actually do something outside. I was thinking that Mequires NXT stuff. The truck is Wedgewood Blue and sun will melt regular wax off it so I'm sticking with a polymer type wax..

Anything newer or better??

Anyone using Rejex?? http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html Allot of the boat guy's are raving about..

Another question??? The damn NUFinish is still all over the black plastic. I've tried everything I can think of to get it off... What will take it off?? Thanks...........

Old 03-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Must be the mods are still in bed....

The NXT seems to be a very popular wax and one that I am going to try as soon as the weather get nicer.

Cruise up the the general care and detail forum, there are hundreds of posts on wax.

Old 03-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The NXT wax doesn't stain the plastic.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Try the NXT, I think you will be very happy with the results, as for boat products, I have heard they may not be good to use on vehicles, since boats are made of fiberglas and the product may harm clear coat finishes.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Re: Wax To Use???

Originally posted by Dunk
Another question??? The damn NUFinish is still all over the black plastic. I've tried everything I can think of to get it off... What will take it off?? Thanks...........
Your totally screwed. I haven't found anything that can clean the handles, most stuff just masks the issue. Plus to complicate matters, you cannot use anything too aggressive on the handles since they have a clear coat or something on them. I detroyed mine with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.. .all the gory details here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=168391

Anywho, NXT rocks...

Old 03-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Suspended
Re: Re: Wax To Use???

dzervit -

Are your door handles still painted like that? I swear I saw a picture with your bull bar and they were black.

I say go with Meguiars.

Old 03-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Meguires NXT all the way, but you'll probably have better luck posting this inthe general care and detailing and get some hints from Boss_429 and RockPick.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Thumper - the passenger side & tailgate are done, but weather didn't allow me to get the drivers side done. Winter rolled in fast and hasn't moved yet. I need 60/70 degree dry weather to do it.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to General Care....

Old 03-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are a lot of great products out there on the market. Some are pretty easy to come by and work great, others are a bit more difficult to get your hands on but, they also work great.

Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax is pretty good stuff if you're looking for a solid synthetic wax that is reasonably priced and easy to find...

RP

Old 03-22-2005, 10:23 AM
I am new to this forum. I won't tell you what vehicle I have now but it is not a ford. Planning on buying a f150 this summer so don't get on me to bad. The best wax is zaino brothers. I love to wax my truck and it is black which makes it double hard to keep clean. The only place to buy this is at zainobros.com It is a two step wax process so it takes a little longer. But if you want your truck to shine this is the way. The wax goes on and off fairly easy and the result is magnificent. If you buy the starter pack you get everything you need including a detailer that works great if your truck only has some dust or mild dirt. This wax doesn't leave any white residue and the shine when you are done can't be beat.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum as well. I would have to agree with Fleaboy. Zaino is really good stuff. Another one to consider is Klasse. Both are sealants not waxes so you should get better mileage between applications. Both products should last close to six months maybe more. Depends if your truck is garaged or not. They shine extremely well too especially if you put multiple coats on.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Three words................ PREP, PREP and PREP!

Then, any quality wax (natural or synthetic) will look great!

Old 03-22-2005, 03:03 PM
That's very true and sealants tend to be less forgiving about skipping the prep work.

Old 03-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by jamesp
That's very true and sealants tend to be less forgiving about skipping the prep work.
True, and some Sealants, like NXT and Mothers' new FX Synwax have some light cleaning/polishing abilities to aid in the prep process!

Quick Reply: Wax To Use???