wondering??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wondering??

i have a g100 and have worn out my polishing pad .i have been thinking should i switch pads from meg's to something else?also is there any modding i might be missing out on to my g100.by the way i LOVE nxt.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Re: wondering??

Originally posted by houtxstx
i have a g100 and have worn out my polishing pad .i have been thinking should i switch pads from meg's to something else?also is there any modding i might be missing out on to my g100.by the way i LOVE nxt.
Wow, it sure looks like the pad/product did a nice job. How many times did you use the pad?

Old 03-24-2005, 07:36 PM
the pad did do its job,a great job in fact.on my truck, my girls's suv, her dad's truck,her mom's car,her brother's car, my buddy's truck and his gal's. the time after i used it on her mom's 94 buick it turned blue!(the pad) and the edges are pitted now.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Keep in mind that you only get so many uses out of a pad. Depending on how it is used, anywhere from 8 to 15 uses is pretty normal. It's best to have a few pads, and dedicate each of them to a specific product.

I suspect the "blue" came from a single stage paint.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm very new at detailng so when i dicovered the g100 i was very taken at the ease and speed of use having done a truck or two by hand, and i want to hear if there are better pads out there,because for me there are no better products than nxt or a better machine than the g100 but i've seen some people comment on lake county pads or edge pads as far as using them but not as to why those pads over meg's pads.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:15 AM
I have never tried Meg's pads, but I have used Classic Motoring Accessories cutting, polishing and waxing pads for my random orbital polisher. Work fine, have no problems with the velcro backing, clean up fine too.

Blue on the pad, eh? I've detailed my 93 Buick's repainted hood and the pad turned red from the paint. I think somewhere along the way it lost its clearcoat.

I have noticed, too, that my hood is the only place on my car that is a bit fuzzier in appearance than the others.

Old 03-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
FL is a detailing nut? We're just now learning this?!?!

Old 03-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
FL is a detailing nut? We're just now learning this?!?!
Yes, lol. FlaresideLariat on MOL?

Old 03-26-2005, 11:42 AM
so back to my question please.... as far as durabilty and performance should i stick with meg's or would someone recommend another ..thanks.

Old 03-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Ford Lariat
Yes, lol. FlaresideLariat on MOL?
Sorry. That was a 'duh' moment for me.

Old 03-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by houtxstx
so back to my question please.... as far as durabilty and performance should i stick with meg's or would someone recommend another ..thanks.
I wish I could give you an answer but, I'm not sure what to say.

The pad life is going to be dictated by so many conditions other than just use.

IE: The chemical, storage, cleanliness of the car you're buffing, etc... etc... etc...

Any pad, under the right conditions, may only last once or forty times.

For me, I've had GREAT luck with the Meg's pads. They are a bit pricey considering that foam is ultra cheap to produce but, for me, it's worth it. Further, I've come to know and understand what to expect out of these pads. In short, I'm familiar with this equipment and know what it can and cannot accomplish along with certain products. I, personally, don't feel that there's a need for stocking 8 different varying levels of abrasiveness when it comes to pads (just an example) but, I'd have to follow that statement by saying that I've never tried to do it.

Again, for me, it falls into the 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' category. Meguiar's pads, for me, work.

RP

Quick Reply: wondering??