scratches on glass anyway to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
scratches on glass anyway to fix?

i do alot of offraoding and the mud has really screwed up my glass here is a pic of the worst of it on my pass. door glass does anyone know of any polish or filler that will help it is worse than the picture shows, thanks guys

Old 03-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Moderator &

Ack!

Those look pretty deep and will probably be difficult to remove.

I hate to even suggest it but, it may be easier to hit the junkyard and obtain a new glass...

RP

Old 03-26-2005, 03:52 PM
that was my first thought the junkyards around here dont have any glass, cost 90$ for a new one cheapest place then i would have to get it tinted, it is all my wifes fualt go mudding and she rolls down the window a bunch of times with all the mud on it this is the result, thanks for the info rp, is there anything that will make it less noticable?

Old 03-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by bigtruck311
that was my first thought the junkyards around here dont have any glass, cost 90$ for a new one cheapest place then i would have to get it tinted, it is all my wifes fualt go mudding and she rolls down the window a bunch of times with all the mud on it this is the result, thanks for the info rp, is there anything that will make it less noticable?
Not sure I really helped out with any info but, you're welcome...

I think that there are ways to decrease the visibility (don't kill your wife just yet )... let me do a little bit of research on it as I know it's been talked about here and over on autopia a few times... I'll try to get back with you later tonight.

RP

Old 03-26-2005, 04:01 PM
thanks rp, ill be here

Old 03-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There may be a way to polish it out a bit. It might not remove the scratches completely but it would make it less noticeable.

Call a couple of local glass shops and ask.Theres a compound Ive used before on glass tables and such, however the name escapes me at the moment. Ill check tuesday when I go to work.Also got to make sure it can be done to automotive glass.Ill let you know.

Just be aware that if you call an auto glass shop they will try to sell you a new window more than likely. they probably wont tell you any alternative way to save your glass.

Later,

Luis S

Old 03-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Depending on how deep the scratches are, there are a number of products that can help in the removal of the scratches. They have glass polishing kits that come with an attachment for a drill and also have the compounds you need to remove the scratches. Most of them range from $10-$35. Here is a link to one of them:

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/glass.htm

If it's too deep I don't know if there's much hope, but for under $20 it's worth a shot and I'm sure you'll at least like the outcome regardless.

-slippy

Old 03-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey BT, for nastier scratches, you may have luck with this:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...&keyword=40030

SL

Old 03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
thanks everybody i will check it out

Quick Reply: scratches on glass anyway to fix?