Motorcraft wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Motorcraft wiper blades

You know guys, I have had enough experience with aftermarket OEM wiper blades to know that compared to the original OEM blades, they are crap (generally speaking). I know this because I used original blades on my previous Honda CRV and now on my F-150. On each vehicle, the new blades were quieter and cleaned better than aftermarket OEM's. When I had my CRV, I used a website to order the original replacement blades, much cheaper than going to a Honda dealer. In that case I did not replace the entire blade assemblies, just the rubber itself. I got the front two and the single rear refills for just $12 total. I even remember the website to order them! The problem is I can't seem to find a website that will sell the Motorcraft blades or refills for the F-150. It seems I can only find them at the Ford dealers, and they cost $22 a pair. Anyone know of a website that sells Motorcraft OEM parts like this? Please don't say Auto Zone or O'Reilly, they only carry Anco or Bosch (ridiculously expensive), not Motorcraft. Or am I stuck with the Ford dealers?

Old 03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Bosch Edge Excel's on my '04 and love them. You could also try Silblades . They are pretty popular on this site. Good luck!

Old 03-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silblades are a MUST HAVE! 5-year unconditional warranty!

Old 03-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Wow, great find, I'm going to have to get some of those. Quick question for you guys though, if I went with a white blade do you think that it would last? I wouldn't want to buy a white blade just to have it turn black from wear.

I was thinking a black frame with a white blade would look awesome.

- Chris

Old 03-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by FordTruckMan82
Wow, great find, I'm going to have to get some of those. Quick question for you guys though, if I went with a white blade do you think that it would last? I wouldn't want to buy a white blade just to have it turn black from wear.

I was thinking a black frame with a white blade would look awesome.

- Chris
It's silicone ... I don't think they'll turn black. Not sure though...

Old 03-30-2005, 03:48 AM
The silicone blades will darken with use, it just happens. The lighter color the blade, the more/sooner it will be noticeable. On the plus side, the dirt will wipe right off.

Here comes my rant: Why the heck do people that spend over $20K on a vehicle **** and moan when it comes to spending 15-20 bucks putting wiper blades on??!

Hello!? Do you want to see or not? Here's a question to put you all to the test: When you find yourself in the middle of a downpour, how much would you be willing to spend on blades then?

Uh-huh. Money is really not a factor at that point, so don't groan when you buy your next set.

Silblades are very nice, so are PIAA's.

Are they expensive? Yes.

Can you see when you need to? Yes. End of discussion.

SL

Last edited by snappylips; 03-30-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:17 AM
Yeah I was thinking since it was silicone that it probably wouldn't be too much of an issue. I just wanted to see what you guys thought on that before investing in some.

Originally posted by snappylips
Why the heck do people that spend over $20K on a vehicle **** and moan when it comes to spending 15-20 bucks putting wiper blades on??!
That reminds me of the people who put really cheap motor oil in their truck to save a few bucks. Then they get all upset and say things like, "next time I'm going to buy a Toyota or Nissan because it's engine won't fall apart like my F-150 or 1500."

- Chris

Old 03-30-2005, 08:15 AM
SIlblade site

Upon the reccomendation of RP and others, I purchased a set of Silblades. Those things are AWESOME!! We've had some pretty good rains here in Ky lately, at those blades are the best I've ever used. The Mrs. now wants a set on her Escape.

The best (and cheapest) place to get them(once again, thanks to RockPick), is ttstuff.com. Get two 22" blades.

DC

Quick Reply: Motorcraft wiper blades