New Black FX4...Looks Like A Spider..

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New Black FX4...Looks Like A Spider..

crawled across the hood. I bought this truck (only 46 miles when purchased) during a week of rain so never really got a good look at the finish. I took it back to the dealer and they"detailed" it and now it has more spider webs & swirls then before. Raised hell with them and told them I would fix the problem myself. A friend say Eagle One Nano Wax would hide most, if not all, of them. Now, I'm not afraid of spending time on the truck, but it is a truck and will be used as such. I will most likely wax it a couple of times a year and wash it each week. So, what should I do/use to take care of the swirls/spider webs, wax/polish, and wash products? Thanks

Old 03-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Nano wax should work. I use it on my Dark Grey and all the webs disappear..

Old 03-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Depending on how severe they are I would go with a polish.....If you hide them they will be back in no time..Remove the problem rather than covering it up. If you have a porter cable buffer I would recommend Poorboys SSR 1 or even 2 if they are bad. Great stuff. Then use a good sealant like 4 Star Ultimate Paint Protection..Put a few coats of that on and you will be in business.

Brian

Old 03-31-2005, 11:59 PM
i'm with runnerbl, better the get rid of them then to hide them,, good call by the way on that one runnerbl!!

Old 04-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wrote you a novel on removal, protection, and prevention. Please feel free to ask questions if you have them.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=192154

Quick Reply: New Black FX4...Looks Like A Spider..