Lariat wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lariat wheels

I've recently noticed that on my truck around where the wheel weights are there is significant scratching and small indentations. I had the tires balanced last fall by the local tire idiots and I'm assuming it must of happened then, but I didn't notice... Plus I've got a broken weight, and the weights that I do have are rusting around the clamp.

What are my options?

1. Are these Ford wheels that soft that they're compromised by a tool?

2. Any chance Ford will replace?

3. Where can I have quality weights applied, is there something special to ask for. Are Ford factory weights better?

4. Should I bring it to the dealer, or just try and get new weights?

5. Is it possible to repair the wheels?

Old 04-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Come on guys no one has any suggestions...??? I know its not about "detailing" per say but a chitty looking wheel does not make a perfect truck.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:16 AM
KTNC,

Without seeing pics of the wheels it's hard to tell if they can be repaired. When I had my 99 Lariat, the wheel weights did the same thing. I took them off and had them re-balanced with the "stick on" wheel weights. However, I had issues with them coming off, and had to have them "glued" on with some pretty good glue.

P.S. There are also "polyester coated" weights that are supposed to prevent corrosion on alloy wheels.

Last edited by Boss_429; 04-03-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Well, as a former tire idiot... The ford wheels are a little different. There are different weight made for alloy wheels and steel wheels. But because of the way ford wheels are made you have to use the steel wheel weights on the alloy wheels. Next time tell them you want stick on weights and the inside. That's what I had on my lariat wheels.

Quick Reply: Lariat wheels