Meguiar's New Gold Class Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiar's New Gold Class Accessories

Please let me start by saying, I am in no way affiliated with Meguiar's...

Having attended a "Detail Day" at Meguiar's Headquarters in Irvine, CA this weekend, I was able to test out all of the new accessories. I have noticed some internet companies carrying a few of the items, but none have the complete line, other than Meguiar's of course.

Some of the key items I noticed that were really nice are as follows:

Supreme Shine Microfiber: This is a large, very plush microfiber. This has to be one of the best quality MF's I have ever used. It is trimmed in a satin and offers no scratching or unraveling. The price is nice as well for such a high quality product (9.99 for 3). If you're looking for a good MF to remove polish and wax, I'd say look no further.
http://www.meguiars.com/newproducts0...cfm?SKU=X-2020

Duo-Fiber Glass Cleaning Towel: This is a nice blend of cotton and MF specifically used to clean glass. It is also trimmed in light-blue satin and is also a great product. I used this with the new NXT glass cleaner. Let me say that I am a long time Stoner's IG user and I am instantly converted. All I can say is I have never used a better combination of products. NXT glass cleaner and Duo-Fiber will ALWAYS be sole lineup for cleaning windows.
http://www.meguiars.com/newproducts0...cfm?SKU=X-2060

Ultra-Plush Super Terry: This was by far my FAVORITE new accessory. This towel surpasses any other towel I have seen or used in quality. It is so thick and heavy it just screams super-high quality. It is very absorbent and has a nice thick and very soft nap. I used it to remove polish and instantly fell in love. I have already ordered 10. Just like the others, this too is trimmed in satin.
http://www.meguiars.com/newproducts0...cfm?SKU=X-2040

I also had a chance to use all of the new Versa angle brushes. The brush heads unlock from the handle and the handle can be turned around for a more ergonomic position. The brushes are a great product for the price. If you don't want to use the handle, the heads of the brushes are trimmed in rubber that provides a great grip even with car wash, etc. on it. I especially like the tire brush and the wheel brush. I'm not too big on using brushes on my paint, but they are guaranteed not to scratch. We tested this claim on someone's car and it proved true. No swirls or washing scratches were made from them.

Another cool little tool was the Triple Duty detail brush. This is a helluva tool for only 2 bucks. The part I like is the very strong bristles on one end that can get into anything (change holders) to remove dirt. The tool is a must for AR car perfectionists! LOL
http://www.meguiars.com/newproducts0...cfm?SKU=X-1130

Well these are the main products I just had to tell other members of F150online about, but I did have a chance to use all of them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I also say on another post a question about the NXT Tire Cleaner. We used this product as well. It applies as a foam and is a very safe product. I am a big user of Wesley's, but I have heard stories about it eating up some people wheels. The good thing about the NXT is you don't have to worry about it damaging other parts of your car. Using the Tire cleaner with the new Versa-angle tire brush is sure to have them looking good. The angle of the bristles(the way they are shaped) provide excellent cleaning ability when working the brush properly.

Hope this is helpful to some of you guys!

-slippy

Last edited by slippysmit; 04-03-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Gold Class products are just amazingly wonderful. I almost went nuts today when my brother, unknowingly, grabbed by Gold Class MF to clean up an oil spill.

Now he can buy two of them to replace the one

- CHris

Old 04-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice review Slippy!!

I've had the opportunity to test out a few of them as well and, from what I can tell, they are pretty good quality products.

Quick Reply: Meguiar's New Gold Class Accessories