Mr Clean Pro Series Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by RayCee
The label states that it will not remove wax. So far I've only used it on my wife's car which is in dire need of a good detail so can't tell you for sure.
True... but, only when used as directed...

I can take just about any car wash shampoo on the market out there and over mix it to a harsh dilution and remove wax. In short, don't just 'glump' some soap into a bucket and go; go with the manufac's specs on dilutions to ensure a safe and effective wash.

RP

Old 04-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True... but, only when used as directed...
I can take just about any car wash shampoo on the market out there and over mix it to a harsh dilution and remove wax. In short, don't just 'glump' some soap into a bucket and go; go with the manufac's specs on dilutions to ensure a safe and effective wash.
Good point, that's why I'm waiting on your evaluation of their soap before I give it a try

Old 04-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Got a Mr. Clean system for Christmas - Mom was thinking of me while shopping in Sam's. Forgot I had it until digging for my detailing supplies after getting a new KR.

I used it twice on the King and have stripped the wax both times. The first time was 2 weeks ago after waxing with Meguiar's Gold Class the week before. OK, I thought, not the best wax in the class so I rewaxed with NXT. Washed the vehicle this past weekend - no wax.

Bucket wash and a Mr. Clean rinse seems like a good idea for the wash this weekend.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by 2005-Ford-KR
I used it twice on the King and have stripped the wax both times. The first time was 2 weeks ago after waxing with Meguiar's Gold Class the week before. OK, I thought, not the best wax in the class so I rewaxed with NXT. Washed the vehicle this past weekend - no wax.
How did you check to see that the wax was stripped?

If you are basing it on watching the water during the rinse and final filter spray that's not an indicator.

I've got NXT on my truck and after washing two times since the wax it's still fine and dandy.

From the manual it says:
"Why doesn’t the water bead up after I rinse? The sheeting action of the Dry-Rinse Polymer™ works with the Mr. Clean AutoDry Filter so that a thin layer of deionized water is left on the car’s surface (which will quickly evaporate) leaving your car spot free. Next time it rains, the beads will be back—and you get to wash again!"

Old 04-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by goslow
I wouldn't say it actually "foams" more like sprays mildly sudsy water.

Gottcha!

That product probably isn't for me. I'm looking into the foaming sprayer, as it emits a constant flow of heavy foaming suds.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
That product probably isn't for me. I'm looking into the foaming sprayer, as it emits a constant flow of heavy foaming suds.
So you're looking more for the warm shaken keg of beer.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Goslow,

Yea, I read that too. The "slick" feel of the wax was gone - after one week. A little drag on the micro-fibre towel... if you know what I mean.

I did notice the entire resevoir emptied of soap with one wash. Maybe it's dispensing too much soap?

Old 04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
the spot free rinse uses a filter to remove the spotting causing minerals. no gimick about that. the soap is just another way for them to sell you a product to use the original product. i hate that crap. it would be like buying a spray to use WITH my cali. car duster to make it work.

Last edited by Sick05Lariat; 04-22-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by 2005-Ford-KR
Yea, I read that too. The "slick" feel of the wax was gone - after one week. A little drag on the micro-fibre towel... if you know what I mean.

I did notice the entire resevoir emptied of soap with one wash. Maybe it's dispensing too much soap?
I've got the pro series and I'd guess that it uses maybe 1/4th to 1/3rd of the soap reservoir per wash (after 3 washes I needed to put more soap in...). I've got a supercrew with a retrax cover on the bed for a size reference.

It shouldn't use the entire batch for one wash (I only have it sudsing for short periods of time to quickly cover the body panel I'm working on at that time).

Their product message board is here: http://www.autodrytalk.com/phpbb/

There was another person that said they had a similar situation...

Though the site seems to have a weird mix of people posting on it so I'm not sure it's of any value.

And also a topic of "cat wash":
"I use MR. CLEAN to wash my (expletive) cats. They loooove the gentle mist. I can tell by their hissing"

Old 04-22-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm using it to wash a King Ranch - same as you, I hose down the panel I am working on but go through the entire tank in one wash. Might explain the "no wax" feel.

I'd like to wash the neighbor's cat - and if it suddenly quit hissing I'd like that too!

Old 04-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i bought the mr clean system when they first came out..i love it! i use it on my wifes falcon,my falcon and my truck all the time! i just use it as is..no bucket and i dont use a mitt or sponge i use a carwash brush i got at autozone..the soap works great and the filter seems to last about 10-12 washes or so(i like the filter part..reminds me of "glosscoating" a car after a paint job!)...zap!

Old 04-27-2005, 05:16 PM
My wife wanted something that she could use to quick wash after going down dirt roads. This is for her ‘camera buggy’ a red 2000 Tracker. Of course any cleaning stuff we buy gets used on my Silver F-150.
I bought a low power (1300 lbs) pressure washer, and put a 1 micron water filter on the intake side of it, to help a little with the hard water. For soap I am using the Mr. Clean stuff. The pressure washer has a spray bottle attachment, and a half ounce of the soap in there will foam cover the whole Ford. If it’s dirty, I wash it down with a clean micro fiber mitt from Costco, using a clean bucket to rinse. Then I spray it with the filtered water from the pressure washer.
If it’s just dusty, couple of bug splats, etc. I just spray it with the filtered water, no soap, or mitt. So far, the wax has stayed on, and water spotting is minimal. I do give it a quick dry it with a clean bath towel, as the water here is still pretty hard, even filtered.
So far I like the Mr. Clean soap, and am impressed with the foaming it makes from the spray bottle.
The pressure washer does take a lot of the work out of the job, and so far doesn’t seem to be removing the wax.
Chris

Quick Reply: Mr Clean Pro Series Car Wash