Mr Clean Pro Series Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Clean Pro Series Car Wash

Ok, I picked one of these things up yesterday after hearing some good things here about them. Had a $5 coupon and a $25 gift card from Wal-Mart so that helped. Got the pro series with the case so I wouldn't have to find a "home" for it.

First impression was that I hoped nobody saw me with this thing cause it looked kind of weird. Kind of awkward until you get the hang of it and it soaked my whole right side because I did not get the hose tight - operator error. I used the soap and everything just to see if it worked. It did an excellent job, my truck has not been that spot free after a wash since I got it. The soap foamed up real nice and it all dried to a spot free shine.

Over all I am very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone with a dark colored vehicle who has spotting issues. I am anxious to see how long the filter lasts, but if you can get 10 uses out of the $5 replacement filter they sell, that is only $.50 a wash - not to bad.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The more I read about this thing, the more it sounds like I'm going to HAVE to use the soap.... I'm not thrilled about that but, as often as my truck gets waxed, maybe it's not all that bad.

RP

Old 04-17-2005, 09:15 PM
To me nothing truly replaces a bucket but to each his own.

- Chris

Old 04-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by FordTruckMan82
To me nothing truly replaces a bucket but to each his own.

- Chris
Which is something I've lived by for all of the years I've been washing and detailing my own vehicles....

For those who don't have hard water, feel lucky. Feel very lucky.

I could fill up a bucket of my water, allow it to evaporate off completely, and end up with a chunk of limestone in the bottom of the bucket.

RP

Old 04-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
I could fill up a bucket of my water, allow it to evaporate off completely, and end up with a chunk of limestone in the bottom of the bucket.

RP
, my hose almost shoots pure chalk sticks.

That Mr. Clean soap bottle that came in the pack is eyeballing you.

Old 04-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
That's awful, the worst part is working for Home Depot I know people that would pay you for that limestone.

We joke at work about how we should take the lint in our pockets, bag them up and sell them.

- Chris

Old 04-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by goslow
That Mr. Clean soap bottle that came in the pack is eyeballing you.
Yeah yeah yeah... I know.

I just struggle to use it. I view it in the same light as I do the soaps that are in the wand washes...

RP

Old 04-18-2005, 07:20 AM
This is what I do and it works just as good, if not better than using the soap in the sprayer. Instead, I clean my bucket wash bucket out, put the Mr. Clean soap in the bucket, and fill the bucket normally. I just wash the truck like I would using normal soap, sponge, etc. After I am done with this, I then rinse with regular water, then to the filter water for the final rinse. I have found that this soap suds up very nicely, and doing it this way I feel I like better. I don't miss any spots like this. And it works just as good, I get almost no water spots doing it like this. So I suggest using the Mr. Clean soap just like any other soap instead of in the sprayer. Just my .02.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by roboots21
This is what I do and it works just as good, if not better than using the soap in the sprayer. Instead, I clean my bucket wash bucket out, put the Mr. Clean soap in the bucket, and fill the bucket normally. I just wash the truck like I would using normal soap, sponge, etc. After I am done with this, I then rinse with regular water, then to the filter water for the final rinse. I have found that this soap suds up very nicely, and doing it this way I feel I like better. I don't miss any spots like this. And it works just as good, I get almost no water spots doing it like this. So I suggest using the Mr. Clean soap just like any other soap instead of in the sprayer. Just my .02.
I also put the Mr. Clean soap in a bucket and use the spot free rinse after I soap it down. It turns out just as good if not better IMO.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
I should have noted in my original post that I had almost no wax left on the truck, I will be interested to see if the water will still sheet off after it is waxed.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:44 PM
this questions is for the guys/gals that are using the Mr.Clean soap. do you notice if it is removing the wax finish on your vehicle? just wondering how harsh it is.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:52 PM
The label states that it will not remove wax. So far I've only used it on my wife's car which is in dire need of a good detail so can't tell you for sure.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:31 PM
well, i actually use my own soap and bucket, i only use the MR. Clean for the final, and very thorough rinse. i love and hate black all at the same time. it really helps but i do kinda feel like a jacka$$ using it.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, I think this "foaming" wash process might be a good thing. I fellow detailer I know uses a foaming gun with regular car wash soap and claims it is the absolute "safest" way to wash.......... and he is very, very good.

I may also have to look into this? If I can do better......... I'll do it!

Old 04-21-2005, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't say it actually "foams" more like sprays mildly sudsy water.

I just follow the directions and it comes out great for me, no spots at all.

I use the rinse jet to clear out the washing mitt frequently, not a bucket in sight.

I'm not sure if other folks that still use a bucket are doing so because they tried the directions and it didn't work or if they just refuse to give up the buckets regardless (darn those new fangled looming weaves).

Quick Reply: Mr Clean Pro Series Car Wash