Detailaholics Anonymous

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I to am a Detailaholic 1096 miles on my 05 Scab and its already had the hood, roof and top of the fenders clayed. (pre delivery fall out). Its been NXT'd 4 times. I find if I don't wash it at least twice a week and wax once that I find myself having withdrawls.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by kbldawg
LOL, just isn't your night is it FL?

He answered that already...

he used the Meguiar's 3-Step process. Cleaner/Polish/Wax
Hey, go easy on the young lady
There's no such thing as a stupid question. if you don't know or aren't sure, ASK.

FL, I used all Meguiars products, like kbldawg said, the cleaner/polish/nxt wax.
Bear in mind that my truck is 1 1/2 years old though. I probably should have used a clay bar first but the truck has really been babied an I didn't feel it was necessary.
A few months of Houston traffic will soon change that though.
If you are hoping to replicate the same results on your Focus, you could probably skip steps 1 & 2 and go straight to the NXT wax seeing as your car is brand new.
If your paint is not contaminated, I don't forsee a problem.

If you have any more questions, just fire away and don't worry about looking dumb. Ignore those other guys.
I knew "Jack" at your age and made plenty of mistakes. The only way I learned was by asking questions .

Old 04-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks Adam...

As far as my knowledge goes, NXT just comes in wax, and not a polish? (Except the All Metal Polysh)

Cleaner/Polish: What was the specific products for the Cleaner and Polish?

Those of you posting posts explaining that my questions have been answered already aren't telling me anything.... I clearly don't see what you guys are talking about.

Sorry if I seem like a nag, I just wanna know the answer and explain my question clearly.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:24 AM
Looks beautiful EA!

I too detailed my truck today but it took me considerably longer than 3 hours. 5 1/2 sounds about right. I had to get all the road grime from winter driving off, messy I know the proper thing to use is a clay bar but I don't have that so I used WD-40 (don't yell at me RP). Unfortunately WD-40 leaves a greasy mess so I had to wash twice before I could wax.

So...wash, over the entire truck with WD-40, wash 2 more times, dry well, wax with Meguiars #26, hit some spots with Meguiars swirl remover...whew, done finally!

No time for NXT today, maybe tomorrow if the weather holds and pic's tomorrow too!!

Old 04-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Ford Lariat
Thanks Adam

As far as my knowledge goes, NXT just comes in wax, and not a polish? (Except the All Metal Polysh)

Cleaner/Polish: What was the specific products for the Cleaner and Polish?

Those of you posting posts explaining that my questions have been answered already aren't telling me anythingI clearly don't see what you guys are talking about.

Sorry if I seem like a nag, I just wanna know the answer and explain my question clearly.
FL, In reverse order, these are the 3 products I used.

If you go to the Meguairs website at www.meguiars.com there is a FAQ section that I recommend you read.
Just about everything you ever needed to know about detailing is on there.

The link is here

Ok, This is the NXT This was the final coat and probably all you need on a new car.

This is the Cleaner wax

This is the Cleaner I used to prep everything

Old 04-24-2005, 10:41 AM
That looks sweet EnglishAdam…

Those are a really sweet truck, or use to be until Ford screwed them up for 2004. So how you liking that supercharger?

Old 04-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good.

I joined the group a while back myself. Did not help me a bit, now I just spend more than ever on cleaning supplys and go days at a time cleaning on my truck.....THANKS D/A SUPPORT GROUP

Old 04-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
My name is "ddellwo" and I am a....

Remember guys - the first step in getting better is admitting you have a problem!

Old 04-24-2005, 12:18 PM
I don’t have a problem, just because I have a Microfiber towel hanging out of my back pocket and a bottle of Z8 strapped to my side all the time means absolutely nothing, just prepared I tell you, honestly…

Old 04-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Adam, I gotcha now! Thanks. Whew!

I think detailing can become unhealthy...it can really drive you nuts with every little DETAIL.

But it all pays off- after the detailing is done, your hair's all messy, your hands smell like Meguiars and you've got NXT on your shirt

Old 04-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
That looks sweet EnglishAdam…

Those are a really sweet truck, or use to be until Ford screwed them up for 2004. So how you liking that supercharger?
Thanks Burt. I agree 100% about the styling which is why I went for the last of the 2003's.
I drove an 05 Lariat which was nice inside and I don't mind the view from the front. It's the side and back view that kills me.
With a hard cover, it looks even bigger. I just couldn't do it but it might grow on me in the future.

The Supercharger is great but I need more power after only having it for a week. Different pullies and a chip loom large in my future.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by EnglishAdam
The Supercharger is great but I need more power after only having it for a week. Different pullies and a chip loom large in my future.
Oh no....

Old 04-24-2005, 10:09 PM
NXT rocks!!!

Where can i sign up for the "Detailaholics Anonymous" club? I doubt i qualify, since i do use the foam brush at the coin-op car wash sometimes....

Old 04-24-2005, 10:15 PM
My truck used to be owned by a construction company... so has all kinds of tar inside the wheel wells and some was on the side, I got all I could off the inside of the wheel wells and all of it off the sides... looks a lot better, but took an hour yesterday! My neighbor laughed at me on my back doing it on the ground.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by GreenBuck50
My neighbor laughed at me on my back doing it on the ground.
Now you DO know there's nothing wrong with that?

Quick Reply: Detailaholics Anonymous