Product Review: Meguiar's Hyper Dressing

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Taken just a few moments ago... approximately 200 miles after Hyper Dressing application...

No rain...

Note the dusty appearance of the wheels... the tires still look pretty darn good!

RP

Old 05-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rock your bound and determined to make me spend more money aren't you? OK I give in. I've got to try that now

Old 05-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Re: Product Review: Meguiar's Hyper Dressing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RockPick
[.

Application is cake. Simply spray on and walk away. Come back to your tire a little later and even it up with a foam applicator or, my favorite, an Eagle One Tire Swipe. Allow to dry for a while and roll! (don't forget to clean off any over spray from your wheel!). I highly recommend utilizing a good cleaner to clean your tires as part of your detailing procedure. I utilized the late/great Meguiar's Citri-Gel at 1:1 for tire cleaning on this detail.

About how long do you wait to wipe? 15 minutes? I've been having some annoying streaking problems on my RWL. My method is to spray all 4 and then go back and wipe with an old towel. I just bought some EO swipes today - maybe that's my problem? Do you not have a problem getting the product to shine within the letters, as I find it's hard to adequately wipe there...? Do you go over the RWL w/ the swipe too?

Old 05-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Moderator &

I'm basically allowing the product to nearly dry...

Once it's 'almost' dry, it may look a tad 'blotchy'. This is where the tire swipe comes into play. I'll put about a 'half spray' on the swipe and then even everything out.

Total time per tire... less than a minute.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Great review RP. And oh thanks a bunch. Now my list of products to buy and try just got longer. Man you guys are going to keep me broke.

Joe

Old 05-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 04 RED LARIAT
Flagship,

Are you talking about this piece?

It is plastic, the one in the picture is 15 months old and still looks good. Just clean it good with your choice of cleaner, hose it down good and slap some dressing on it.
That's it! Thanks! Looks ugly with all those squares on it. Don't you think so? By dressing, do you mean tire dressing?

Maybe I'll take a page out of the old book and have some vinyl upholstery snap-in pieces made for good weather.

Old 05-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Moderator &

Clean them with a product like Simple Green and a nylon bristled brush... then mist on your least favorite tire dressing.

Personally, my wheel wells are where the dressings that I've purchased and don't particularly like go to die.

RP

Old 05-04-2005, 05:08 PM
alright that engine is entirely to clean. Good god man. Then again I am sure it hasnt seen real dirt and mud thrown up into it yet either.
What do you use on the engine.

I am so far behind on my detailing its sad.

Quick Reply: Product Review: Meguiar's Hyper Dressing