MF Towels Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MF Towels Info

Looking to upgrade my towels. Sooooooooooo what is everyone using. and for what. and where did you buy them from. and how many do you have? Thanks for any info.

Joe

Old 05-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Joe,

There are so many good towels on the market nowadays and it's difficult to choose. However, here are my favorites:

My favorite towels for removing waxes, sealants, and for doing final QD'ing is still the DFTowel. These are "natural" fiber MF towels and they are not cheap, but IMHO, they are the softest, safest towels made...

http://www.dftowel.com/

My second favorite towels, and IMHO, the best "synthetic" MF towels are Pakshaks Ultra Fine towels. (His WW towels are excellent too) If you decide on these, make sure you ask Ranney at Pakshak for the Autopia or Detail City discount before you buy...

http://www.pakshak.com/ultra-fine-mi...l-16x16-1.html

For extremely good "all-around" towels, it's hard to beat the towels at PAC. If you order from PAC, you can get a 10% discount if you're a member of Detail City...

http://www.premiumautocare.com/microfiber-towels.html

For a fine towel that should be available locally, the new Meguiar's Supreme Shine MF towels are very good... especially given the price (3 for $10) ...

http://meguiars.com/whatsnew/accesso...cfm?SKU=X-2020

The new Meguiar's WW towel is also very good. Although, not quite as good as some others. Still, for the price, an excellent value...

http://meguiars.com/whatsnew/accesso...cfm?SKU=X-2000

Hope this helps.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info Boss. Looks like its time to order some towels.
The DF towels look really nice and as it turns out they are only about 20 miles away from me. Thanks this info is a big help.

Joe

Old 05-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's a second for the DFTs... definitely the nicest towel I own.

I really like Premium Auto Care's big blue towels too... it's a great 'all round' towel.

RP

Old 05-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Ordered DFT towels. Ok this detailing bug has me addicted. I'm going to wind up in some sort of detail detox because of yall

Old 05-09-2005, 12:46 AM
I like the Sonus waffle-weave MF towels for drying. Good size, great outer stiching and hold a lot of water.

I love Meg's new Terry towels for cleaning off cleaners, polishes, and for other heavy-duty work like door jams, etc.

I'm also an owner of Meg's new Supreme Shine MF's for other work. I have to say the Ultimate wipe/bonnet creates the best shine for your LSP.

-slippy

Old 05-09-2005, 04:19 AM
Do you guys generally just throw your MF towels in the washer when you're done? I did this to mine, but I noticed some foreign fuzz afterwards, and didn't use them.

Maybe my washer just needs to be defuzzed.

Do you store them in plastic baggies?

Old 05-09-2005, 05:55 PM
Bryan,

Yeah, you have to watch for lint in the washer before you wash MF towels. That's one of the reasons I wash mine by hand with liquid detergent (with rubber gloves & hot water).

After I let them air dry, I store them in a cabinet (in my case... a BIG cabinet ) that has a door on it. Putting them in bags would be a great idea (if they are 100% dry), but it would cost me a fortune in bags!

Old 05-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Boss sounds like you might have a detailing "room" at your house.

Joe

Old 05-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL @ Liny! I think you're right man!

I snagged a couple of the Meguiar's Water-Magnet Waffle-Weave towels yesterday at PepBoys. For $4 each, I figured they were nearly disposable but, from what I've been hearing from folks like Boss, it's actually a pretty good towel...

I'll probably give it it's inagural run this afternoon if the weather clears like they say it's going to...

RP

Quick Reply: MF Towels Info