You are all to blame

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile You are all to blame

Alright guys I am very upset with you all, look at what you made me do!!!

My neighbors think I'm a nut case, you guys and your home remedies.

Oh and this next one, RockPick, this is personal buddy

You sit and all you talk about is clean this wheel well and clean that wheel well. Well guess what? My wheel wells were just washed and clayed, I tossed on a little Body Scrub then some ColorX.

- Chris

Old 05-09-2005, 09:46 PM

Here we are, the finished product. I only wished that I had started a tad bit sooner, that way the sun would have still be out so the picture would have been better.

- Chris

Old 05-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by FordTruckMan82

Here we are, the finished product. I only wished that I had started a tad bit sooner, that way the sun would have still be out so the picture would have been better.

- Chris
Oh yeah, I know that feeling. Looks good, bet you guys enjoy the time spent together

Old 05-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
okay... washing the wheel wells is one things... but to clay them too?

Old 05-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WoW...

Maybe I'm to blame but, you took it to another level by claying your wells!! I haven't even done that!!!!

RP

Old 05-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What’s so weird about doing that? For those of us with light colored trucks, leaving this area untouched really messes up an otherwise great detailing job. Although I haven’t clayed mine, I clean off the tar spots with Mineral Spirits, then use NXT on the white painted area. I then use a “no touch” foaming tire cleaner /dressing on all of the black painted stuff like the shocks, frame, rear axle, etc. You think you’ve got it bad …

Old 05-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 2stroked
What’s so weird about doing that? For those of us with light colored trucks, leaving this area untouched really messes up an otherwise great detailing job. Although I haven’t clayed mine, I clean off the tar spots with Mineral Spirits, then use NXT on the white painted area. I then use a “no touch” foaming tire cleaner /dressing on all of the black painted stuff like the shocks, frame, rear axle, etc. You think you’ve got it bad …
I clean/wax/detail mine religiously but have never clayed...

I guess it's make a difference for a while in there but, under any driving condition, I think you're going to be running into 'stuff' that is going to adhere to the well interior and thus, snub your clay effort. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably give this a whirl now... LOL!

RP

Old 05-10-2005, 05:21 PM
I polish and protect the chrome valve stem caps on my tires?

Am I incurable?

Old 05-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
WoW...

Maybe I'm to blame but, you took it to another level by claying your wells!! I haven't even done that!!!!

RP
They are nice and smooth now, just like glass

The wheel wells, especially the rear ones, are so visible I figured what the heck. You have to do what you have to do to make sure your truck looks that good.

- Chris

Old 05-10-2005, 08:31 PM
RP, do you have the 3M invisible bra on your truck?

Old 05-10-2005, 09:17 PM
What? RP doesn't need that. Rocks, dirt, road grime and pollen all tremble at his name

- Chris

Old 05-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Ford Lariat
RP, do you have the 3M invisible bra on your truck?
No...

Just about went with it when the truck was new and 'chipless' but decided against it after seeing pictures of the bra on black. The line was just too noticable. Kind of wish I'd done it on my lower AZ Beige though. I have SEVERAL chips down there already.

So... my plan is to have the front end resprayed here in a few years when the chips get the better of me. For now, I'm still dabbing in some T U paint and sanding it back to norm. I still haven't tried that Mother's kit... I keep forgetting.

Old 05-12-2005, 10:59 AM
FWIW I recently purchased the under carriage detialer from Griots Garage. After washing my wheel wells and also using simple green to clean them, they were looking a little bleached out. The Griot's stuff makes the plastic in the wheel wells look very black. I've only used it once and it has lasted for three weeks now. Just make sure you don't get it on your brakes since it does contain silicone. And no I am not affiliated in any way with them. I also use thier speed shine. It seems to work better than the Zaino quick detailer stuff.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Moderator &

Nice tip MHM!

I've seen the Griot's stuff several times online.... I need to snag a bottle and give it a try!

RP

Old 05-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Yep, I can also attest to the fact that the Griots Undercarriage Spray is excellent. It is a little pricy though. If I liked more products from Griots, I would probably do more business with them and order that product more often.

It really does look nice and holds up well. When I run out of my supply of Engine Kote.... I may revist that product.

Quick Reply: You are all to blame