Back from the Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from the Body Shop

So here's the story guys....

After the whole tree and animal incident, I got my truck back from the body shop today, only to have to bring it back Thurs. Here are the issues...

My steering wheel is about 40 degrees to the right and my truck goes straight. He says he has to adjust the tow.

They installed a new driver's mirror that has a signal light on it. So now I have my passenger with no light and my driver's with a light. How the hell could they do this? I have a '02 XLT SCrew. See pics below. I'm debating on whether to keep it have him replace it so they look the same. I need some opinions here.

Third, the trim does not match under the driver's window with the side mirror. Notice this in the pic of the new mirror.

Fourth, my passenger fog lamp is so loose you can push it in 3-4in. I think he just has to tighten this up.

Finally, and this concerns me most, they replaced my driver's window because of some nicks and were supposed to match the tint back with my passenger. As I drove off today, I noticed my passenger window seemed to have a different color and I think it's a different window. It looks brand new and I KNOW I would have noticed these wavy lines of a tint defect. I looked at the info in the corner of the glass and it says "Solar Tint" with some other numbers, etc. Can someone with an OEM '02 XLT Screw tell me what their numbers and printing says on the window? Does anyone know how I can truly tell? I am calling him out on this one. I think something happened I don't know about.

Well all this to a tune of $2,800. Boy am I pissed.

-slippy

Old Mirror

New Mirror...notice the misaligned trim (Idiots!)

Fog Lamp

Old 05-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Jeeeeze, what amateur worked on your truck?! That's not quality at all, man, you need to show that to them. Jeeeeeeze.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Slippy sorry to hear about the problems. I can almost understand the fog light and trim issues. But the different mirros really throws me, How could they do that? Good luck with these problems and keep us posted. I have A 02 KR Supercrew. Let me know if you want me to check my truck I will try to find the codes you mention.

Joe

Old 05-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Those are the kind of mess-ups you can allow to happen on your die-cast construction models...not the real thing!

Sorry, Slippy. It'll get worked out. :santa:

Old 05-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Take it back and DEMAND they repair it correctly. That is very shoddy work and I used to do body and repair work for a few years. They really screwed you over.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whew... talk about bad luck. Looks like they were letting the new guy train on putting yours back together.

Bummer man... best of luck getting it taken care of!!

RP

Quick Reply: Back from the Body Shop