Anything work as good as clay bar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything work as good as clay bar?

Is ther a cleaner or any product out that works as well as clay bar?

Old 05-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Clay is great but, it's use is pretty specific. If you're looking for something to strip materials off of the paint, IMO, it's just about the best thing...

There are chemical strips and items like that but, clay is going to remove bonded contamination much better...

RP

Old 05-12-2005, 10:33 PM
tsc
I think the more important question is what are you trying to do, or what do you want to do?

Old 05-13-2005, 02:47 AM
What is it you are trying to remove?

Clay bar is widely used here on the site for removing a host of gunk from your paint, however I don't have one. If you're looking to remove tar, bugs and winter road grime build-up try WD-40. Spray it on and let it soak for a few minutes then wipe with a clean towel. You'll have to give your truck a vigorous wash after to remove the oily residue and of coarse you'll have to re-wax as the WD-40 will strip the old wax as well. But it gets rid of all that crap, costs less, and can be used on paint, glass, plastic, chrome, and aluminum with good results.

Hope that helps!

Old 05-13-2005, 08:56 AM
I have a white truck which is really easy to keep clean. I have noticed some rail dust in the paint that I would like to get out. I have used a clay bar in the past but was wondering if I could use some type of cleaner instead that would take less effort.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by SuperCrew02
I have a white truck which is really easy to keep clean. I have noticed some rail dust in the paint that I would like to get out. I have used a clay bar in the past but was wondering if I could use some type of cleaner instead that would take less effort.

Clay is really your best option. There are chemical peels and such but, it's really not going to address embedded/bonded contamination like rail dust.

RP

Old 05-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I just stumbled on to some video produced by AutoMagic, about their ClayMagic product, and although I probably won't be using this particular brand, I can not wait until I get a chance to clay my truck!!

I have what I think is a pretty bad bonded contamination problem, so I am thinking that claying will give me a sweet result.

Old 05-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by bryanfeelsgood
I just stumbled on to some video produced by AutoMagic, about their ClayMagic product, and although I probably won't be using this particular brand, I can not wait until I get a chance to clay my truck!!

I have what I think is a pretty bad bonded contamination problem, so I am thinking that claying will give me a sweet result.

Where is this video?
ClayMagic is what I used, just because it was cheaper, but looked the same as all the others.
Chris

Old 05-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
Where is this video?
ClayMagic is what I used, just because it was cheaper, but looked the same as all the others.
Chris

http://www.automagic.biz/StreamingVi...Raceway-HI.wmv

Thar ya go! It's basically an ad, nothing to exciting, but I guess it's worth watching.

Old 05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
tsc
Here is a link on a bunch of "how to's" including how to clay

Old 05-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by bryanfeelsgood
http://www.automagic.biz/StreamingVi...Raceway-HI.wmv

Thar ya go! It's basically an ad, nothing to exciting, but I guess it's worth watching.
Thanks, I had already found it, and the other movies there, but wasn't sure, so I asked.
I use up what seems like a lot of the lubricant. Had a third of the bar untouched when I ran out. The lubricant cost as much as the kit, so I bought another kit, Now I have 80% of a bottle of lubricant, and an unused bar. I was hoping that a video would show me I was using too much lube, but they seem to be using only slightly less than I am.
Oh well, just need to drop the clay more, and it will average out...
Chris

Quick Reply: Anything work as good as clay bar?