Meguiars detailing videos...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiars detailing videos...

I've sent them an e-mail with no response after three days. I was wondering if any of you have had a problem with the online video's that meguiars has on their web site. The link is below. I can view the Auto Appearance Care Clinic and the NXT videos but not the polishing or the wet sanding video's. Also, does anybody else know of some online video's that are out there for polishing. I know how to use my DA from the help of everyone here but I want to see it in action before my DA gets here. Should be here today

http://www.meguiars.com/video/

Old 05-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Wouldn't you know it. I just found answers to my questions. I needed Real player to view the Meguiars videos and I found this link for more video's. They are very helpfull by the way.

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=31

Old 05-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Are you interested in buying an actual video tape of a Meguiar's how-to production? They make one... How To Remove Paint Defects Really great video; I never tire of watching it.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:25 PM
So, it's pretty good hu. I was thinking about it but I think I've learned all I need to know form everyone on this site and the movies I watched from the above link. Maybe not though.

Is there a lot of info on that video about a rotary? If so, I'm not entirely interested in a rotary buffer until I find out if my new DA will or will not take care of my problem. I got it yesterday but I won't be able to do my detail until Tuesday or Thursday next week. Real busy.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:34 PM
It mainly concentrates on the rotary and the proper speeds to use with it. Although the concepts for the rotary and the DA polisher are basically the same. Shows you how to wetsand too. They do a little on the DA but not as much as the rotary.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Ya, thanks for the tip. If my DA doesn't work like I want it to, I might need to make the investment in the video. I'll try next week and post some pictures for everyone.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I know using the rotary takes much more advanced skill than using a DA. Can burn the paint if you're not careful. Also gotta be more conscious of pacing, etc. IMO it's probably best to start out using a DA. It'll be a while before I get a rotary.

Old 05-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Copy that...

Quick Reply: Meguiars detailing videos...