Time to purchase a DA

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to purchase a DA

Alright guys, I have a question for you about the Porter Cable Variable Speed Polishers. I called my local hardware chain that competes with my job (cough cough lowes cough cough) to see if they had the 7424. Hey if anyone says anything, the Home Depots around here do not carry polishers. Well to get back on topic, they said that they have PC Variable Speed's but not the 7424 specifically. I beleive he said that they had either the 7336SP or 7428, I can not remember which.

I was wondering if there was a big difference between the 7424, 7336SP and the 7428. I just don't want to purchase the wrong thing

- Chris

Old 05-15-2005, 09:02 PM
I believe the 7336 is the same or similiar. I will wait for one of the experts to chime in.

Joe

Old 05-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LINYScrew
I believe the 7336 is the same or similiar. I will wait for one of the experts to chime in.

Joe
Joe is correct.

It's basically the same tool with a little bit different counter weight and comes with a backing, as I recall, for sand paper.

The 7336 is a viable option pending you plan on buying a backing plate for your pads.... I'm not sure which counter weight that it comes with though...

RP

Old 05-15-2005, 09:09 PM
tsc
I also believe that the 7336 is the same (sorry I can't remember the differences, I did the research about a year ago); but do yourself a favor, get the G-100 from Meguiar's. The PC has a 1 year warrenty while Meguiar's offers lifetime.

Old 05-15-2005, 09:12 PM
If you are going to get the g100 autodetailingsolutions has some good pricess on some combo kits with the g100 and good prices. I got mine there and spoke to Rick. He was very helpful.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by tsc
I also believe that the 7336 is the same (sorry I can't remember the differences, I did the research about a year ago); but do yourself a favor, get the G-100 from Meguiar's. The PC has a 1 year warrenty while Meguiar's offers lifetime.
The difference in price from what I can get at Lowes and what Meguiars wants for the product is the determining factor or I would get the G-100 just so it said Meguiars. Yes I am that addicted, lol.

- Chris

Old 05-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by FordTruckMan82
The difference in price from what I can get at Lowes and what Meguiars wants for the product is the determining factor or I would get the G-100 just so it said Meguiars. Yes I am that addicted, lol.

- Chris
It really depends on you. Check out autodetailsolutions.com and they have some packages put together you might like. Call if you have questions and Rick will answer any of your questions. The best thing about getting the Meguiar's polisher is the LIFETIME warranty. Do a little bit more looking around and get the best thing for you. I am going to call Rick at autodetailsolutions.com in a couple weeks and order mine. To me it is not worth trying to buy all the accessories needed from different sources when one good source is available and not much more in price.

Do some more research and see what you need. Don't get something you don't need. Hope this helps.

Kevin

Old 05-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Thumbs up

yup ill chime in also an say auto detailing solutions is the way to go, rick took care of some things i needed to be cleared up on the order and he hooked me up, its awesome 2 days till i get my package

Quick Reply: Time to purchase a DA