Review: Meguiar's Versa-Angle Tire Brush

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Review: Meguiar's Versa-Angle Tire Brush

I'm not much of a 'brush' type of guy as I really like elbow grease and still don't think that there's much replacement for it but, the one place I will use a brush is down around my wheels and my wheel wells.

I recently had the chance to try out the Versa-Angle Tire Brush (X-1010). I picked this up at Pep Boys and have used it three times at this point in time.

The design of this brush is clever. It features a dual-bristled type of head that has softer bristles on the outside with stiffer bristles on the inner of the head. Further, the head is rimmed in a rubber type material which can keep you from accidentally marring your rims with plastic.

The handle is pretty unique in that if can be snapped out and flipped around to provide a better 'angle' on the brush head. This is where I think the design fails because of quality.

In short, I've had more trouble with the head on this brush popping off than anyone could possibly imagine and thus, I've totally removed the handle. It would not stay snapped in the first place and, even when it did, I found the leverage angle of the brush to be difficult to use.

The head design is nice but, maybe it's a personal preference, I don't like the handle at ALL. Maybe I got a dud? I have seen others who have complained about the overall quality on this brush as well though.

Overall, a 6 on a scale of 1-10. When this one wears out, I'll go back to my scrub brush with stiff nylon bristles that are cheap and MUCH easier to use in my opinion.

RP

Old 05-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have one, love it. I didn't have that handle problem though, it never popped off. Though one time I was using it and the handle was wet. I went to shake it and my brush took flight down the street. The handle snapped but the head is perfectly fine. I actually find it easier to use without the handle.

- Chris

Old 05-17-2005, 06:30 AM
RP,

Great review! I pretty much agree with your conclusions. After several uses with the Wheel Brush, I had the same thing happen... the palm grip keeps popping off. I will epoxy it back on when I get a chance.

With the Tire Brush, I don't use any of the handles, as I like the palm grip better. Something tells that if I use the handle with it, I will have the same issue it in a short period of time.

I understand this issue has been fixed. There are several other issues with some of the GC Accessories that I'm keeping my eye one.

Old 05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Great review RP. I purchased the wheel brush and tire brush not long ago. I have used the wheel brush a few times with no problems. I haven't tried the tire brush yet.Thanks for the warnings.

Joe

Old 05-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LINYScrew
Great review RP. I purchased the wheel brush and tire brush not long ago. I have used the wheel brush a few times with no problems. I haven't tried the tire brush yet.Thanks for the warnings.

Joe
Hi Joe...

I hope they're not 'warnings' so to speak... in fact, I hope you don't have any problems with it at all and love it...

I just didn't but, that's why I called it a review... I'm sure some folks will love it... I Just wasn't one of them.

Let us know what you think!

RP

Quick Reply: Review: Meguiar's Versa-Angle Tire Brush