Need Help to restore old paint before sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help to restore old paint before sale

I have a 1990 Ford F150 that is in very good shape with 102,000 miles on it I had the truck painted about 5 years ago with not the greatest paint job but what I could afford at time. I am getting ready to buy a newer F150 and I am going to sell the 90 model, the only real thing that I think will make buyers turn away I think is the paint on hood just on one side is starting to fade out a little and on roof. Not bad but noticable. Is there something I could use that would help with this, I know I can't get it to perfect, I just want to make overall apperance as good as I could. Or is there something a detail shop could do? Thanks for any help with this.

Old 05-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SMJ7039
I have a 1990 Ford F150 that is in very good shape with 102,000 miles on it I had the truck painted about 5 years ago with not the greatest paint job but what I could afford at time. I am getting ready to buy a newer F150 and I am going to sell the 90 model, the only real thing that I think will make buyers turn away I think is the paint on hood just on one side is starting to fade out a little and on roof. Not bad but noticable. Is there something I could use that would help with this, I know I can't get it to perfect, I just want to make overall apperance as good as I could. Or is there something a detail shop could do? Thanks for any help with this.
Hi SMJ...

Without seeing it, it's impossible for us to really give you a good answer. While oxidation and other items of this nature can, generally, be removed, if the clearcoat on the vehicle has failed, there's no fixing it with any polish or wax.

Can you post some pictures of what you have and maybe we can help out a bit more...

RP

Quick Reply: Need Help to restore old paint before sale